Thanks for your help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogucki

Reaction score
I originally hired a plumber to help with this bath remodel, but when he didn't show after a few weeks, I decided to do it myself. You guys actually made the whole thing pretty easy. I had no prior plumbing experience.

Basically ripped out all the old plumbing and put in all new waste lines, 3 vents and 7 supply lines.

photo (19).jpg

photo (17).jpg

photo (16).jpg

Last edited:
Yeah it does. Still need to mount the shower door tomorrow and finish some wainscotting that meets up with the shower. Thanks again, couldn't have done it without y'all.

That looks amazing. For no plumbing experience I'm really blown away. Nice job!!!!!

Thanks. The first picture is where the old shower resided. My original plan was to just tear out the old tile and keep the framing, but the more I tore out, the more rot I found.

The brick on the exterior was actually holding up this wall. The sill plate was completely gone. The studs were floating, just hanging on to the brick tabs. I also doubled up the floor joists there and put in some scabs. It's hard to tell that half of the bathroom is pier and beam. It's solid.

Everything works great although I did make one mistake. I was in a rush, thanks to my wife, when I was installing the toilet flange. I cemented the dang thing in and realized I aligned the bolt cutouts square to the wall instead of rotating them. So the only way I could mount the toilet was at an angle. I hate making mistakes.. Anyhow, after I tried one of those flange replacement pieces and didn't like how it raised the toilet, I found a way to get a couple of washers under the flange so they would hold the bolts down where they should be.

Can I ask you what you used for Wainscoting? And, how high off the ground your top rail is? I'm trying to find some decent Wainscoting to use in my bathroom, and I'm not sure what would be best.

I used the big 4x8 sheets they sell at lowes or depot. I ripped them in half so the top cap is slightly above 48". It's made out of that cheap pressed board stuff. Next time I'll spend a little more on a better material. Covering imperfections in this stuff takes a lot of work.

Back