Wet vented toilet (best fitting)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaken-n-stirred

Reaction score
Some places do not allow any wet venting. In many places you can only wet vent a toilet into a lav.

In Idaho I can for sure wet vent a toilet into a lav.

THEREFORE,

If I have a WC and need to drop it straight down between joist and then turn perpendicular to the joists under the joists: can I put a Wye and bend directly below the WC flange while still between the joist. This Wye would be the wet vent running over and then turn up to the lav. Or should I use a different fitting, or is it preferred to tie the vent/lav drain into the horizontal part of the WC drain a couple of feet down stream from the WC?

6 to 1, half a dozen to the other?????

Thanks

If I'm visualizing what you described accurately, you can put a wye vertically under the toilet, between the joists. You could also put a vertical tee, in drainage position, before you 90 bend perpendicular to the joists.

3"x3"x2" tee in sanitary position

3x2tee.jpg

6 one way, half dozen the other. I wouldn't have a problem doing it with either a santee on the vertical or a wye/wye1/8bend combo on the horizontal.

just to be clear, what I am saying is the lav drain would be dumping into the vertical section of the WC drain. Both of you are saying a Sanitee is ok for this horizontal (lav) to vertical (WC and lav) transition.

I guess that does make sense since it is the vertical to horizontal transition which requires the more gentle turn (ie sweep or wye).

One more nod from you two.

Thanks.

is this what you are referring to? you can use a santee here

WP.jpg

If I have a WC and need to drop it straight down between joist and then turn perpendicular to the joists under the joists: can I put a Wye and bend directly below the WC flange while still between the joist. This Wye would be the wet vent running over and then turn up to the lav.
Thanks

Is this kind of what you are describing?

Wet vent from lav can't run horizontal. Just run the trap arm over to the vent above the water closet. then the vertical drop to the low heel outlet tee on toilet arm will be the wet vent.

You have any picture of the area you're working in would be helpful

Scan-150125-0001.jpg

Yes, Mr David your drawing is good, actually very good.

First off, my plan is to not have a separate vent for the toilet. Behind the toilet is a drier with the vent in the wall being a problem. The lav is to the left of the WC. Behind the lav is a pocket door, which is a problem. To the left of the sink I can run a vent up (not prefect to exit a cabinet to the side, but ...).

Anyway, in Idaho I can "wet vent a toilet with the lav". Not exactly sure how that is to be done, hence my question. But I am pretty sure I can have a wet horizontal line as vent for the toilet. The issue I thought I might have is how that wet vent (waste vent combo????) can be drained into the WC or branch drain.

When you say the vent can not run horizontal, what code or verbage are you citing?

Thanks for your help.

Back