Flapper chain not attached/broken, need to flush

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Numberic

Reaction score
Yesterday the water at my apartment building was shut off for the few hours. During this time I wasn't feeling well and err... yeah... so my washroom started smelling badly.

When the water came back on I went to flush and nothing happened. I opened up the upper part of the toilet and found that the chain connecting the flusher and the flapper was detached/broken.

Getting someone in to fix it soon hopefully but I really need to flush it so I can get rid of the smell etc.., is there any way I can do that?

If you don't want to get your hands wet, you could also fill up a bucket of water at your tub/shower spout and pour the bucket of water in the toilet bowl, that will flush it.

A new flapper comes with a new chain. Total cost....about $5....or the same price as a small Starbucks coffee.

Such a simple fix for a toilet, and people will complain about the bill for a 10 minute job.....at the end of it all, you can poop. But those same people line up by the hundreds each day and pay $5 for a damn cup of coffee......and we're the crooks!

...but some people need their coffee in order to poop, so I guess it is all just s#!tty!

Back