Congrats to Chris!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the key is to keep her busy. :p

You don't remember that age?

LOL. I'm a forummer. When you guys were dating I was having terrible acne and hiding indoors from the sun.

Kidding. I was rough. I don't think anyone I knew actually "dated". It's not like we went anywhere or did anything aside from fool around and go to parties.

She's adorable-- and I normally don't find children cute. As for dating, I think my mother said 16 or 17 but I was more interested in comic books than dating. Now I'm more interested in internet stuff than dating. I think the trick is to not make a big deal about it. My parents didn't make a big deal about it so I never really felt it was all that big of a deal and I had other interests. I never went through the whole "boy crazy" thing that I saw other girls going through. Man, I felt like I'd been transported to an alien planet when that was going on. LOL.

Teach her to use the tools and get her involved in projects as you are working on things. Some of my favorite memories are of trying to "help" my father with projects.

My wife is teaching my daughter to work with wood and I'm teaching her to shoot. She will be well rounded.

I allowed my kids to do some minor dating when they were 16, but both were too involved with school/soccer/etc to worry about boys.

I want to start younger than that so the hormone driven decisions are put into check. I keep debating that with my wife. Lets teach her how to date before she makes stupid decisions at the behest of impulse.

So the key is to keep her busy. :p

Mine is getting good with the bow and arrow. We tried to "get a squirrel" the other day and we got close. She started screaming out of excitement before it ran away.

It also helped to always have the gun cleaning kit out, along with numerous assault weapons at your feet when their male friends came over to visit my girls.

My 9 year old princess asked me how to deal with a boy that supposedly has a crush on her the other day. She said that she doesn't feel like she is old enough to date a boy yet. She gave me a big hug when I told her that I am impressed by that. And I really am. She has always been so impulsive and "huggy" that I was worried that I would have to follow through on my threat to drop the first 3 boy children to enter the driveway from my perch on the rooftop.

It also helped to always have the gun cleaning kit out, along with numerous assault weapons at your feet when their male friends came over to visit my girls.

I'm laying out throwing knives and maces.

OC spray works better and just for your information, it works well as a taco sauce.

OC spray?

Pepper spray, also known as OC spray (from "oleoresin capsicum"), OC gas, and capsicum spray, is a lachrymatory agent (a chemical compound that irritates the eyes to cause tears, pain, and temporary blindness) used in policing, riot control, crowd control, and personal self-defense ,including defense against dogs and bears.[1][2] Its inflammatory effects cause the eyes to close, taking away vision. This temporary blindness allows officers to more easily restrain subjects and permits people using pepper spray for self-defense an opportunity to escape.

Pepper spray, also known as OC spray (from "oleoresin capsicum"), OC gas, and capsicum spray, is a lachrymatory agent (a chemical compound that irritates the eyes to cause tears, pain, and temporary blindness) used in policing, riot control, crowd control, and personal self-defense ,including defense against dogs and bears.[1][2] Its inflammatory effects cause the eyes to close, taking away vision. This temporary blindness allows officers to more easily restrain subjects and permits people using pepper spray for self-defense an opportunity to escape.

I sprayed some OC anti dog spray that mail carriers carry into the wind once.

I don't ever want to get hit directly with the real stuff.

I got sucked into a small riot once, when a young rookie thought he would be a hero and not wait for more backing officers. I had to run into the pack to have his back. When the gangsters started tugging at our holsters, I emptied my entire can of OC into the crowd, and it worked great. Unfortunately, I also hit the rookie square in the face, dropping him like a big turd. I pulled him to safety and after a quick flushing of water into his eyes by paramedics, he was fine.

I'm allergic to capsicum so I hate the stuff. If my brother cooks peppers in the house, even with my door closed it starts to make me sick. Hate that stuff.

My father on the other hand was pretty much immune to it. When his people were training to use pepper spray, one of them had to hit him with it and nobody wanted to spray "the boss" until one of the women said "Oh give me that!" and sprayed him. He said he got hit with worse in 'nam. It pretty much had no effect. One of his people, nicknamed "Boonie Pepper Bert", got sprayed, licked her face, and then said "Hit me again! That was delicious!"

I got sucked into a small riot once, when a young rookie thought he would be a hero and not wait for more backing officers. I had to run into the pack to have his back. When the gangsters started tugging at our holsters, I emptied my entire can of OC into the crowd, and it worked great. Unfortunately, I also hit the rookie square in the face, dropping him like a big turd. I pulled him to safety and after a quick flushing of water into his eyes by paramedics, he was fine.

That sounds terrifying.

tradition,
when a girl child is born, daddy buys a new shotgun
to protect her virtue,
when boys come sniffing around, clean the gun as stated by others. noisily and with large gestures
making sure he hears the sound of it "racking"

tradition,
when a girl child is born, daddy buys a new shotgun
to protect her virtue,
when boys come sniffing around, clean the gun as stated by others. noisily and with large gestures
making sure he hears the sound of it "racking"

congratulations Chris to you and your wife.
I hope your child grows up to be healthy and happy

that's 2 shotguns,mmmmmmm! ithica? double barrel twin hammer 12 gauge? remington 1100?

i just got a winchester model 140 [made in japan]
12 g auto pretty sweet,
i heard its the same as the win, 1400 except the stock is fir? instead of maple.

I think he means daughter number 2.

Latest posts

Back