Having problem with water getting to faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teufelhunden1965

Reaction score
I don't understand why the faucet will not get water to it. Last week I had a problem with the drain in the bath room sink so I had to replace the whole P trap and the pipe going in the wall and down stairs to the basement. When I turned the water back on the faucet water would not work. It was an older faucet so I replaced it and still no water. Replaced the old shutoffs still no water. Water to the tub water everywhere in the house kitchen washroom ect. Water to the new shut offs. No water to the new faucet. Help feeling like a idiot.

You say you replaced the stop valves to the faucet.
Disconnect the cold supply from the faucet,
Hold the open end of supply in a bucket and turn on the stop valve.
ANY WATER?
Do the same for the hot side.
ANY WATER?

What kind of water lines do you have? Galvanized steel? Copper? Plastic?
Check the Aerator on the faucet. They can get easily blocked with debris when the water gets turned off/on.

Any pictures??

Sounds like valves clogged with debris from rotting galvanized pipe. Try Mr_David's test and if no water comes out of valve, remove the valves, clean them out and replace the galvanized nipples coming out of the wall. Re-install freshly cleaned valves and you should have water.

No it's all copper the valve are new I did try to take the aerator off but it doesn't come off on this model (cheap) so there my be something wrong with the faucet

20160714_001538.jpg

20160714_001529.jpg

20160714_001521.jpg

20160714_001551.jpg

There all copper lines new 1/4 turn shut offs water going to all lines up to the faucet just not out the faucet aerator does not come off on this model cheap

If you can't take off the aerator than It is what It is.
Those valves look like they are closed.
Pictures are dark. Hard to tell.

no comment.png

Back