hot water copper supply pipe is noisy

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagleslincoln

Reaction score
Hot water supply and return pipes running from basement to second floor through the wall is very noisy. I am aware of the reason for the expansion of the copper pipe. As the pipe travels through the top and bottom plate studs in the wall, it is very noisy. What is the proper method of installing the copper pipe through the top and bottom plate studs. Should the holes be drilled much larger than the pipe itself? Is there some time of rubber piece to put around pipe through the stud. Please help, the noise is killing me!!!

Most of the big box hardware stores carry a plastic sleeve that slides over the copper pipe and can be screwed to the studs and make the movement of pipes silent. And yes, the holes should be larger than the pipe going through the plates.

Most of the big box hardware stores carry a plastic sleeve that slides over the copper pipe and can be screwed to the studs and make the movement of pipes silent. And yes, the holes should be larger than the pipe going through the plates.

Thanks for the quick response and will check my local hardware to correct the problem!

Latest posts

Back