On the hot seat

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minnesippi

Reaction score
Riddle me this....
1950's home. Hot and cold water tie together just before toilet supply line (to eliminate condensation of toilet in summer due no a/c in home)

Please help me understand why, every now and then, maybe 4 times a year , the water in the tank and bowl is HOT. A warm seat is nice, but when you stand up wet its a bit excessive.

I would fix that. You will feed hot into the cold line potentially. If it is accessible I would correct it. Is there a.c. in the house now? You could always put foam insulation board in the tank if you are worried about condensation.

There is not a/c in the house at this time.
Any idea as to why it is occurring?
It is accessable from the basement/cellar.Completely open ceiling, so easy to get at. The plan is to eventually PEX everything. Just hasnt happened yet. It only our 2nd year in the home.

Riddle me this....
1950's home. Hot and cold water tie together just before toilet supply line (to eliminate condensation of toilet in summer due no a/c in home)

Please help me understand why, every now and then, maybe 4 times a year , the water in the tank and bowl is HOT. A warm seat is nice, but when you stand up wet its a bit excessive.

Most likely the opposite, really cold winter temp water will condensate on the tank in the heated home. Either way it's a cross connection and needs to be fixed.

Latest posts

Back