Bosch tankless water heater issue, not happy with Bosch customer service

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoSuburban

Reaction score
My Bosch tankless is almost dead and I just bought a cheap tankless to replace it. The Bosch lasted more than 2 years. I called Bosch. They wont talk to me because I'm not a plumber and it has been more than 2 years and the warranty expired. I had a plumber call Bosch and they said I have hard water and I did not maintain the unit, I need a new WATER VALVE which costs $180. I thought it was pretty high price for a plastic molded water valve. But first, I need to remove the old and seriously rusty water valve before buying the replacement water valve. The 2 screws that hold the water valve together with the gas valve have been fused with the aluminum. I used every tool I had but could not remove it. I could tighten it and it will rotate back to where it was before but that's it. Then the screws broke. I called Bosch's CS department. They said I need to buy the GAS VALVE assembly that comes with the WATER VALVE now because I broke the screws. They cost around $300. So, I decided to buy another tankless hot heater unit from an online store (definitely not Bosch) and this time the cheapest one I could buy since they wont last for more than 2 years due to my hard water issue. Any stories to share dealing with Bosch customer service?

I hate Bosch and it seems like nothing is ever warrantied with them. I prefer rheem or navien. With the water issue make sure you are flushing out the unit once a year.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFyc-xBiThQ[/ame]

you will run into the same problem with the chi chic unit as you did the other.

let me be Frank, Or if you wish, let me Be Bill.

You have hard water, therefore you must perform maintenance to your unit every 6 mths 3would even be better
ALL of the tankless warranties call for a licensed plumber to maintain the unit or your warranty is voided

IT IS A MYTH that a tankless is cheaper than a tank type
They cost MORE when you figure in the maintenance and they only have 1/2 the life of a tank
My advice, **** can the tankless and buy a tank type

Latest posts

Back