Poop pump switch fail

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caleb9981

Reaction score
Greetings,

My Myers SRM4P1 stopped working. (years ago I installed a high water alarm in pit so was alerted early) .. To troubleshoot I bypassed the piggyback plug and and the pump works fine. It was installed Dec of 2011. I'd be grateful if anyone here could reccomend a good switch to replace it with.

thanks!
DYI in Ann Arbor MI

PS my memory is that the float/switch is wired directly into the housing... not sure how I will handle old float/switch......

It's been years since I've sold Myers, but the SRM4 was a Pump that I sold a lot of. I still have one in use at my home. The Float was separate from the Pump with the Piggyback Plug. You can buy a new Piggyback Float and replace the old one once the pump is out of the pit. I used to have several in stock, but have since gone to a 3 wire float for different uses.

Any Piggyback 13 amp float you can find will work, just make sure it's a pump down not pump up.

Thanks speedbump, update: noticed that high water alarm was intermittently making sounds with tank empty so after some checking, it seems the alarm is the problem, not the switch.

Could be it's getting hung on something. It would have to seen high water though to get high enough to hang.

I think I installed the alarm trigger too low. it goes off when the washing machine drains.....

Could be that the washer draining gets ahead of the effluent pump allowing the level to go high enough to trigger the alarm.. Maybe raising it a bit would stop the false triggers.

that sounds right. Glad to be able to say I can live with it and will fix next time I need to be in there.

Latest posts

Back