PVC Repair

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reg

Reaction score
The pvc pipe from the sump pump goes into a coupling which broke (see pictures). The problem is that only the flange of the coupling is sticking out of the concrete and therefore cutting the pipe is not an option.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to repair this?

Is there such a thing as an inside coupling?

thanks.

20180212_092321.jpg

20180212_092357.jpg

Last edited:
Chisel out the concrete and replace that section of PVC. Yep, a real pain but nothing else will fix it properly.

Reactions: SHR
I understand that there is a right way, but I am looking for a different way, even if it's temporary. I cannot break the concrete at this time. If I have to I will run the pipe along driveway's exterior. I was wondering if there are inner-pipe couplings available.

Again, thanks in advance for your help.

not sure if you can get a drill in there but there we drill
bits(ram bits) that will drill the pipe out of the fitting then you can start
from the 45

y tube (ram bit or PVC drill bit to see how it works

Last edited:
what about slip coupling, wouldn't they work?

Reg if you go to the one of the big box stores and at the sump pump area you can buy a flexible hose. You will need a rubber coupling to go from your outlet pipe which is 11/2" to the pipe part of the flexible hose. Of course this would be just temporary until you can fix it correctly.

If you just want to temp it. You could get a large hose clamp and some rain/shine glue and put it back together with the glue and then hose clamp it. It looks to me like the piece would fit back on the hub it broke off of.

Thanks, to everyone. I decided to reglue the parts and then to use flex tape. Hopefully, it works.

Back