check valve for sewer pumps

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mec

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to know if it's better to install a check valve in the bassin or outside the bassin? Can the distance between the pumps and the check valve affect the flow and the pressure of my system? I have a duplex grinder pump in a 6 feet height bassin.

Thank you!

the distance should not affect the pumps ability to lift ( head pressure availablle ), it is code here that pumps discharge lines be equipped with a union, and a check valve ( usually in the form of a union lift check assemply ) so that the lid from the lift station can be lifted and the pump and floats serviced without dumping a nasty line onto the floor while doing so. if your pump can overcome 6 ft of head then it will work fine.

What about the accessibility for a regular maintenance? Is it better to install the apparatuses inside or outside the bassin?

Thank you!

sorry for delayed response, has been a hell of a week...

the union lift check asemblly goes outside the lid, you can then disconnect the lines and pull the pump if you need to do maitenance on it, generally maitenance on these systems is replacing a float, or maybe a pump... fairly minimal .

Back