Help! Misaligned metal waste pipe for tub, what to do?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbhardesty

Reaction score
Hi,
I am in the middle of replacing my old cast iron tub an low and behold the existing drain assembly pipe is immobile. At least it looks that way to me. The horizontal alignment is good its just about an inch to low to connect to the tub. I really need some ideas of what to do to replace the t that connects the overflow and waste line. I think I've spent as much time as I can just staring at it in silence...

photo%2B1.JPG

photo%2B2.JPG

Thanks for the quick response! Thats what I was afraid of. Hypothetically speaking, if opening up the floor wasn't an option now what would be, in your opinion, a safe alternative. Even if I put the new tub in I'll still have the same access to the old trap for future adventures.

Hey John,
I say I'll have access only based on, when I was inspecting things I dug down in the sand area to see where the waste pipe was going and it seems that its going away from the tub. Is that usual?

Deep down I knew that was the real answer I just wasn't ready to face the cold hard facts! Thanks for the response!

Latest posts

Back