Bowl Water Level too Low!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bauerash05

Reaction score
Help! The water level in the bowl of our fairly new American Standard FloWise Dual Flush toilets (model #4035) is just too low!! Basically we have to constantly scrub out the toilets after use and this has become a MAJOR pain!! I have seen numerous low flow toilets but none of them have a very low water level within the bowl and we are close to actually removing them all together. Any ideas on how to fix this?? We have two in the house and they both do the exact same thing... :mad:

Last edited:
Some of the water wise, low flow toilets are just plain garbage. I'm afraid you have just realized this as well. I can not think of a way to increase the water level, so tossing them might be your only choice.

Just to check and make sure the bowl is refilling to it's max level.
Take a pitcher of water and SLOWLY pour water into bowl.
If you pour to fast you may cause it to syphon out.
If the water level does not come up then your stuck with that level.
Picture below is typical for all toilets. the RED arrow points to the weir and is what determines the water level in the bowl.

half ass toilet.jpg

Thanks for the help...looks as if I either have to live with the toilets the way they are or take them out which seems like such a waste as they are not very old. I've probably spent the equivalent of two new toilets anyway in toilet bowl cleaner as you pretty much have to clean it out everytime someone goes...ick. :mad:

Thanks for the help...looks as if I either have to live with the toilets the way they are or take them out which seems like such a waste as they are not very old. I've probably spent the equivalent of two new toilets anyway in toilet bowl cleaner as you pretty much have to clean it out everytime someone goes...ick. :mad:

Maybe you can budget to get a toilet with good bowl wash and flush. I know its expensive, but the Toto Drake II has a very good flush capacity and a good bowl wash. It also can come with something called SanaGloss finish that makes it harder for stuff to stick to it. It doesn't work too well in homes with very hard water though.

Back