My Fancy Faucet is broken? See Pic

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveh888

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Installed a new fancy faucet and 1 week later, water pressure is a joke. Is there some sort of limiter on this thing? Or is it my plumbing? The regular standard faucet I had before gave more pressure.

IMG_6717.jpg

Take off your supply lines under the sink and let them fill into a bucket. If the pressure is greater in the supply lines that the outflow of your faucet, then you need to check for blockages in your new faucet. This is more common than you think, since any repairs or opening and shutting valves have a tendency to sent unwanted chunks of crud down towards your faucet.

Reactions: SHR
so I looked at the image Punky provided (thank you).

Looking at my faucet, seems like I have to take the entire thing out. See pics .... the 2 small screwes and everything else? or is there a faster way just to take out the drain.

4577-untitled1.jpg

4553-img-6718.jpg

4561-img-6719.jpg

4569-img-6721.jpg

Looks like all you might need to do is to remove the spout, if you can get to the screw, then adjust the flow.

Looks like all you might need to do is to remove the spout, if you can get to the screw, then adjust the flow.

question is ... how :) I was not home when building supper installed it.

Then again, your accordion flex pipe is really a poor choice, so maybe start over?

Just curious what is so bad about accordion flex pipe? Should I even care about if I am renting this place (not my own home)

thanks

If you're renting maybe you should just leave things as they are.
That faucet has a flow control built into the spout. I would say it's designed to flow just as you see it.

As for the drain. It will work, but for those who know the proper way to install a drain, seeing work like that hurts the eye.

Unless it's been noticibly slower, that style faucet is meant to have no pressure. Water is just supposed to flow down the spout to simulate...like...a waterfall or something stupid

it just seemed to flow about 20-30% more when just installed. Sometimes late at night it get's even worse ... not sure why. Either way, still have over 2 months with this faucet if I want to return it and just get a regular one where I can easily remove the limiter if I wanted to.

Thank you guys for the feedback. Great forum.

I installed that exact same faucet on my parents home. My pressure didn't drop as you experienced. But that faucet is designed to have a low flow. My parents are happy with it. They paid $99 for it from a major home improvement store.

I installed that exact same faucet on my parents home. My pressure didn't drop as you experienced. But that faucet is designed to have a low flow. My parents are happy with it. They paid $99 for it from a major home improvement store.

Yea, it's nice. Wife likes it. However, it now takes more time to rinse a toothbrush, etc.

Back