leaking toilet please help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brooks2012

Reaction score
I just moved into a house and I noticed my toilet was acting up. I thought the fill valve may have been leaking. So I replaced it. That wasnt the problem. Here is the problem. The tank is leaking but I dont know where at or where the water is going. About once a minute the fill valve has to give a little squirt of water to the tank. I made sure there was nothing on the flap and even held the flap down with my finger but the fill valve still had to add a bit of water. I turn the water off going into the tank and it will run dry in a days time but the water level in the toilet bowl will stay the same. I can hear a drip drip drip but I cant see anything. What is going on? I thought about replacing the flush valve before I went and bought a new toilet but I have a feeling my toilet is bad. Please help...

Could you please take a picture of the inside of your toilet tank for us? If you are hearing the "drip-drip" sound, at this point I would guess your fill valve needs adjustment.

Latest posts

Back