How to add well line to garage?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saiphes

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm trying to get an idea of what I need before I call a contractor.

I would like to add a line directly from the well to the garage because I think the project will be smaller than breaking through the cement slab and landscaping - especially as I have an excavator. We currently have the well line coming into an (Enviro Check -->), then to a manifold serving the pressure switch, pressure guage, pressure tank, and cutoff valve, and the rest of the system. The pressure switch has an electrical line which follows the water line back to the well.

I'm mostly concerned that the existing pressure switch will not know about the pressure to the garage.

What is the best way to Tee into the line at the well end (and run a 48" deep ditch up the driveway)?

I think I'd move the checkvalve to before the new Tee, and then either the pressure tank serves both the garage and the house, or I get a second pressure tank which will work in tandem.

Is this correct?

(Enviro Check -->)
Are we talking about an anti siphon valve here?

I agree with Cary, just tee in and get rid of any above ground check valves and don't add any more.

Latest posts

Back