Kitchen drain pipe stuck

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihatepipes

Reaction score
I had to replace the trap in my kitchen sink, and when I did that the pipe that goes to the drain broke. So now I'm trying to replace that darn thing.

It's stuck. It's metal, looks like chrome maybe? Silvery.

I tried some CRC multi purpose silicone stuff, still stuck. Found some STP stuff too, it said nothing about pipes but it had stuff in it like I heard stuff for pipes did, so I tried it anyway. Let it sit for 15 minutes, nothing. I'm going to get PB Blaster or something at my Orscheln's, we'll see.

I sprayed a lot of PB blaster on it a few times, I can't tell if it's looser or if it always moved a little bit and I just didn't notice it before.. It's still really stuck.

Here you go:

i221xk.jpg

And closer:

afg4kx.jpg

I can't tell what the part under it is, it doesn't look like copper. I can't see in it very well.

If the tubular drain will not come out, I would use at least a 14" pipe wrench and remove the galvanized nipple the drain tubing goes in to. Replace the nipple with a similar length new nipple and attach a piece of 1 1/2" PVC with a stainless steel shielded Fernco coupling in order to put a sanitary tee at the top and add an AAV to eliminate the S-trap I bet you have.

Or cut the tubular close to nipple then use a hacksaw and cut inside tubular and split pipe. Be careful not to cut into galvanized pipe. Only use this if you cannot pull it straight out

I forgot about this thread, I just got one of those rubber connector things you tighten with a screw driver to slip over the pipe to connect to my trap. It works good, I'll just leave the pipe there unless I need to do something else with it.

Latest posts

Back