New Kitchen Faucet Low Pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philadelphia1

Reaction score
Hello,

I was hoping you kind professionals could help me with a recent problem concerning my new kitchen faucet. Its a Moen Torrance ca87480.

http://www.moen.com/torrance/chrome-one-handle-low-arc-kitchen-faucet/_/R-CONSUMER:CA87480

So here's the problem, my new faucet doesnt have NEARLY the pressure my old faucet had, which is a Moen that dates back 16yrs. I was wondering, being that the old faucet had thin copper supply lines and the new one has thicker braided lines if that is whats causing the difference in pressure?

It is driving me nuts, i absolutely hate this new faucet due to the pressure issue. What can i do to get increased pressure? The new faucet is rated with a 1.5 gal max flow rate....is that why my pressure is so low? Any hacks or suggestions? I appreciate any help!

Please see attached pics...

-Low Pressure here is Philly

11.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

44.jpg

All new faucets have a series of flow restrictors to comply with some states standards.

Even though I'm in Canada and we don't have that code, I have learned that removal of these flow restrictors will void warranty of the hose and head of the pull out faucet.

The flow restrictors in that faucet are in the aerator screen, and can be easily removed by threading out the aerator. Your faucet may not spray as nicely, but you should find an increase in pressure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back