Basic cabin rough in help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petermb72

Reaction score
I am building a basic cabin with a walk out basement with a bathroom. The basement will have an ejector pit, floor drain, and then a bathroom with a tub, toilet and sink. The bathroom is next to the utility room with the ejector pit. I need help with the basic sewer rough in. What I have figured out so far is a 3 inch pipe from toilet to ejector pit, and then I have a y that reduces to 2" that goes to the utility floor drain. The question I have is the hookup from the 3" pipe to the tub and to the sink. Do I do a sanny-tee with two 2" "y"s on it (one for the tub the other for the sink)? Or do I do two separate y fittings for the tub and sink? Then the last piece is the venting. The bathtub, toilet and sink are right in a row(basic bathroom setup). Where should the vents go?

Thanks for any help,
Peter

You need a vent for each fixture and one for the ejector pit. They can connect together as long as it's done 6" above the flood rim of the highest fixture.

Ok thanks, so the tub sink and toilet would each get a 2" stub up for venting. How would you connect all three of these for waist?

The toilet would be the main run to the pit and then just use 2" y fittings for the tub, sink and floor drain? Can the double sany-tee work for hooking the tub and sink to the main 3" sewer drain?

Your layout looks fine. Depending on the jurisdiction with authorities code you could run all of the fixtures as a horizontal wet vent. This means you would only need a total of 2 vents. 1 2" vent for the pump and pull a 3" vent up centered on the sink. This will serve all of the fixtures correctly. The important thing in a horizontal wet vent is the the Y's must not be rolled up at any degree. If you do, you have created an s-trap. So the floor drain should be rolled flat and must be no longer then 5' the tub connection to the main line same story rolled flat maximum 5' then the vent/drain for lav should be 3" combo rolled flat and long turned 90deg at sink center. Put a 3" clean out low as possible then you can reduce to 2" and sant the sink on top. This system is designed to always maintain flow of fluids on the bottom half of pipe and always maintain flow of air within the top half of pipe at all times. If all fittings are rolled flat theoretically there should never be a vacuum lock inside of the pipe. For more information research horizontal wet venting, it saves time and money. Hope this helps you out.

Latest posts

Back