What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope everything goes smoothly, Matt.

My remaining adenoid tissue (that couldn't be removed during my tonsilectomy) has been swelling up-- which usually happens in conjunction with fatigue. I've been trying to get up and be more active. The heat contributes to the fatigue so I try to stay indoors. My friend called and needed a lift to put money on a card so he could pay his electric bill that his twunt girlfriend (who just got a $600 paycheck and spent it all on crap she didn't need) was supposed to pay. She was $8 short on the payment so they charged a late fee and called my friend and said if he didn't pay the $11 right then, they were going to shut off his electricity the next day. It was 100 degrees outside.

This morning, I woke up coughing and haven't been able to get back to sleep. I fixed a bug on a forum. I have to take my mother to her doctor's office later today because she needs to get the doctor to write up and send in the correct prescription for her insulin. He mistakenly wrote a scrip for Humulin which is $76 with her co-pay but she wants the Novelin which is about $3 with her co-pay. She also needs a sample of another med that the pharmacy wanted $250+ for so she decided to order online and get it for around $80, but it won't arrive before she runs out. The doctor has a bunch of free samples to give out to patients if a medicine is very expensive or he wants them to try it. He also sometimes gives out the free samples to patients that he knows can't afford the medicine.

Zanne, the insulation glues to the garage door panels, with contact cement,

that insulation is some neat stuff, you can make coolies and make your own cooler.

all you need is insulation, contact sement, http://screencast.com/t/vemzdJ7xBfoK

and either sheetmetal or fiberglass for a box.

around here, they make live wells inside boats with it..hellofa lot cheaper than the big coolers are

a buddy of mine, took a craftsman yard trailer, turned it into a huge cooler, he pulls behind his 4 wheeler

for deer and oink oinks

Zanne, the insulation glues to the garage door panels, with contact cement,

that insulation is some neat stuff, you can make coolies and make your own cooler.

all you need is insulation, contact sement, http://screencast.com/t/vemzdJ7xBfoK

and either sheetmetal or fiberglass for a box.

around here, they make live wells inside boats with it..hellofa lot cheaper than the big coolers are

a buddy of mine, took a craftsman yard trailer, turned it into a huge cooler, he pulls behind his 4 wheeler

for deer and oink oinks

Cool! I wonder if that stuff could be used on the inside of my well house. The old insulation got chewed on by rats so it gets hot as hell in there. I would have to patch the hole my cow put in it on the corner when she leaned on the wall.

Redundant and EMP Proof Locking System and Peephole one. But then, I'm also someone who hated when car windows went to exclusively electronic opening. I wanted to be able to have a lever to manually roll the windows down in case of some sort of mechanical failure.

Last edited:
Redundant and EMP Proof Locking System and Peephole one. But then, I'm also someone who hated when car windows went to exclusively electronic opening. I wanted to be able to have a lever to manually roll the windows down in case of some sort of mechanical failure.

I love my manual windows and locks in my jeep. had a couple cars with electric locks and windows and the damn things where always having some stupid failure.

I couldn't roll down any window in my old super duty for a year because of a broken ground wire in the driver door. I love my base model work truck with rubber floors. That's a real truck. Only luxury is ac.

Chris, that would have really upset me if I couldn't get the window rolled down. I used to have nightmares about being in a car that fell into water and I couldn't open the door or get the window rolled down to get out.

Titan series

not the threshold with the 4 active bolt system

do not like tripping over thresholds or holes in floor for the bolt.

SOB will be a magnet for stuff to fall in.

Chris, If you can weld, make our own,

I have a hell of an idea,

buy a 72'' x 36'' gun safe

weld 4'' angle iron around the safe,

build a block wall, and install the safe as its built.

cut the back out of the safe,,it looks like a regular safe, but is a door into a safe room

Titan series

not the threshold with the 4 active bolt system

do not like tripping over thresholds or holes in floor for the bolt.

SOB will be a magnet for stuff to fall in.

Chris, If you can weld, make our own,

I have a hell of an idea,

buy a 72'' x 36'' gun safe

weld 4'' angle iron around the safe,

build a block wall, and install the safe as its built.

cut the back out of the safe,,it looks like a regular safe, but is a door into a safe room

But will there be a lever inside to open the door to get out should it close people in?

Did the Titan series have the EMP proof 2-lock system with peephole?

The past few days I've taken medicine, vomited, taken more medicine, vomited, tried to eat, vomited, and pretty much stayed in bed-- other than to get up and vomit. I used one of my cats like a hot water bottle on my abdomen. He curled up on me and purred and that actually helped.

I'm starting to feel better, but I have no appetite and am very tired. I had to force myself to eat some crackers and a fiber bar.

I'm hoping it will clear up soon.

I think I'm almost over this stomach bug.

Meanwhile, I've been witnessing the redneck drama of the small town.

Before his nearly fatal accident, my friend had a cracked/broken window on a back room of his house-- the area where he kept his computer equipment. He boarded it up to keep out burglars and contacted the local glass company to get a repair estimate. His girlfriend's ex-stepfather worked at the glass place and he brought some employees over one morning while my friend was still asleep to measure the window.

Rather than just leave an estimate or wait for him to wake up, they decided to go ahead and do the work without his authorization-- but they messed it up. So, my friend walked in to the room and noticed that the plywood was gone and there was no glass in the bottom part of the window (which would allow burglars in very easily). He saw that there was new glass in the top half. He figured out what happened and called the glass place to tell them that they needed to come back and fix it asap. At least before he'd had glass in the window, even if it was cracked. So they came back and crammed another piece of glass in. My friend had to go to the store and get some supplies to fix it up so it was sealed, wouldn't fall off, and wouldn't let air in.

The glass place then sent him a bill for both housecalls. My friend told them that even though they did the work without his permission and messed up the job, he was only going to pay them for one visit because they didn't do it right the first time. This was not long before his accident.

Fastforward to yesterday and my friend shows up at work and his boss told him that someone from the glass place popped in and told the boss that Mitch owes the glass place money (apparently said the amount-- which was the price for both visits) and that my friend better pay up. So, they basically had my friend's boss tell him to pay the bill. My friend is currently looking at the fair debt collection act and is pretty sure the guy from the glass shop violated it. He's considering filing a formal complaint.

they can not discuss your account with any one but you. he has a case

Yup. And the really sad thing is, the dude who went into my friend's workplace lives just a couple doors down from my friend and he didn't even call him or send him a letter or say anything to him about it prior to going to his boss.

On a side note, are individual people held to the same standards about discussing debts if someone owes them money for a loan or something?

Today I cleaned up a bunch of dog crap, scrubbed the carpet, and thought I had everything up, only to have somehow missed a large turd pile near the door (because the lights don't work in the room and I was trying to find it all with a small flashlight) and my brother stepped in it.

Then I took Fippy to get a bath and nail trim at the vet's. His fur is all shiny now.

Stopped by where my brother works to pick up water and his boss was saying how proud she was of him because he earned the store an award for actually checking IDs on people trying to buy cigarettes. He refused to sell to someone who's ID said he was only 17. Turns out it was a sting and they had people going around to different stores to see if they were checking ID. The girl with the 17-year-old was taking pictures of the employees, so there's a photo of my brother checking ID along with an award that will be put on the wall in the store. My brother sort of shrugged it off and was like "I was just doing my job".

i dont know, but if it was I would be in trouble.

years ago,,like 1983 or 82.

i was driving my g friends car, had a buddy with me. the dummy, opened the door at a red light and a car hit it.

i could not return her care all messed up. so,,i replaced the door.and told his broke azz to pay me back, 5 dollars at a time

made an agreement that he would do it inside a year.

year went by, and i had never said a word. at the end of the year I asked for my money,
'he basically said pound sand.

so we got into a fight, i emptied his pocket of a twenty.
saw him again, in a week, thumped his head, got another twenty.
another week or so, same thing.
then, i hear he had hired a guy to whoop me.
I went to the 7/11 to get a 12 pack. and saw the guy that was supposed to jump me
walked up to him,,asked him, you gonna try and jump me? lets go!!!!
he said no,,,
LOL
finally got my money from bobby...

typical mississippi redneck stuff..dont ya love it!!!!!

Back