What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice quiet lil spot. good fishing on the St johns,,

there is a bar, on the st johns..with a huge deck over looking the river.

i was sitting on the deck,,when a airboat came flying down the river with a game warden chasing him. [poaching]

he came out of the river..across the parking lot,,across 4 lanes of hwy 50 and a median

then into the river on the other side..

game wrarden stayed on the river...i heard he got him,,couple miles down river

LOL..it was a site to see..

the open country..mormons own it..they run cattle and bee hives..[used to]

you sure they weren't filming a James Bond movie at the time?
I seem to recall a similar stunt like that in one of those Bond movies.

Found it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-fy87rSSwk&feature=player_detailpage"]Live or Let Die[/ame]

Today was supposed to be a good day.

I dropped my car off at the dealer this morning to have a small issue repaired. My appointment isnt until tomorrow, but its 40 minutes from my place and my fiance had to go by, so i thought id just drop it off. When we get back, we went to my mothers where i was going to install a new sump pump and drainage, because there currently isnt any. All ready to get started when i realize all my tools are in the trunk of my car :mad: .....oh well, theres always tomorrow!

Today was supposed to be a good day.

I dropped my car off at the dealer this morning to have a small issue repaired. My appointment isnt until tomorrow, but its 40 minutes from my place and my fiance had to go by, so i thought id just drop it off. When we get back, we went to my mothers where i was going to install a new sump pump and drainage, because there currently isnt any. All ready to get started when i realize all my tools are in the trunk of my car :mad: .....oh well, theres always tomorrow!

you dog,,,I've done that when i really did not wanna do it today.

AH...DAMN.I for got my tools..I'll be back tomorrow!!!!!

then to myself...wonder if the fish are biting ?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b50VxOufX2o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b50VxOufX2o[/ame]

I can finally see the floor of the garage after two weeks of unpacking. I even got to pull the cars into the garage for the night.

I thought you were going on vacation?

I am meeting with my engineer today about my house addition. Decided I would do a basement with a cool extra area.

Yeah, I fly out of ONT on Friday AM, headed to Seattle. We then jump on a boat and go...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSt0NEESrUA[/ame]

I like your thinking. Make sure you consider the water penetration, keeping it dry without moisture, and well ventilated. I'm sure you can search old bank vault doors or check out Cleveland home/business recycling in Los Angeles with finding the vault door.

I like your thinking. Make sure you consider the water penetration, keeping it dry without moisture, and well ventilated. I'm sure you can search old bank vault doors or check out Cleveland home/business recycling in Los Angeles with finding the vault door.

we did prisons..fresh air intake/ ac duct

use a steel plate as your register, with bars welded on it.

put a smoke detector at the opening of your fresh air.

to monitor, any funny bidness

run a 4'' fresh air vent out the roof..even tho, you will have fresh air duct.

if someone were to trap you inside,,and seal off the duct, they do not know you have back up

i like your idea...

Last edited:
I like that wood grain door. Sadly unless you really know me you won't even see a door. Unless you really know me you won't even know I have a basement. Just a normal hall closet.

I like that wood grain door. Sadly unless you really know me you won't even see a door. Unless you really know me you won't even know I have a basement. Just a normal hall closet.

thats the way its supposed to be.

the wood one is fine!!

rockwool insulation,,,wrap the room in it,,then 3 layers sheet rock

4 hour fire proof envelope

havasu, the remote controlled car sounds like a great idea! I wonder if it would work at my house. I also wonder how hard it would be to attach a camera (or cellphone with camera on to the remote controlled car).

Mr_David, I'm glad that the big L store made things right for the man.

I've been rather busy helping out a friend (the one that was in the bad wreck). He went to the ER about a week ago with some complaints (I'll spare you the details) and the foreign doctor that barely spoke English sent him home without running any tests. He went back another day and got the Nigerian doctor (who is a total quack) and was again sent home. He went to an ER at another hospital- they listened to his guts, did an x-ray, gave him an enema, and sent him home. They told him to take magnesium citrate, which he puked up. He was in even worse pain and the next day went back to the first ER and got a different doctor. This time he got another x-ray and a CAT scan. He was in so much pain he was doubled over crying. They determined he's got a kidney stone that is causing inflammation in his guts and causing a myriad of other problems. They gave him some medicine, prescribed mineral oil and water, gave him something for the pain, and sent him home. He's still not feeling 100% and his girlfriend is being a ****. So we've been going over for moral support and my brother watched the kids since the girlfriend is a useless sack of ****. She was screaming and yelling at my friend and I had to stop myself from punching her in the face (and I'm not a violent person). My friend's grandmother is in the hospital (she had a heart attack and triple bypass surgery) so we're the only ones giving him emotional support right now. We'll probably go over and see him tomorrow (he needs help taking the mineral oil since he can't get it into the spoon with only one working arm).

Also found out my brother has diabetes. We are going to have to change our eating habits.

Sorry for the venting. I'm exhausted and I hate to see my friend suffering.

I hope everyone is having a good week.

Oh, one good thing is that the manager who threatened to fire my brother is gone and the manager trainer noticed my brother was having trouble breathing. He asked if he was ok and when my brother explained that he has asthma and COPD, the guy said that they will have to improve the air in the store and make some accommodations for him.

Anyway, I made asparagus for dinner and I'm hoping to get to sleep soon.

havasu, the remote controlled car sounds like a great idea! I wonder if it would work at my house. I also wonder how hard it would be to attach a camera (or cellphone with camera on to the remote controlled car).

find one of those hands free cell phone holders advertised for your car.

super glue it to the top of the car. be mindfull the direction camera will point

Back