Apprentice Torture Methodology

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Fell

We've met before...
Reaction score
You're out on a sprinkler maintenance gig, and you decide to have fun with your apprentice. You send him off to the truck to find what non-existent item?

Then he comes back with that non-descript item, hoping against hope that this is what you requested.:D;)

A sky-hook is always a good one, or a pipe stretcher. There is always the left-handed monkey wrench.

I told mine to dig half a hole last summer.

He called me back to check his work and he had the most perfectly dug D-shaped hole I have ever seen.:D

I told mine to dig half a hole last summer.

He called me back to check his work and he had the most perfectly dug D-shaped hole I have ever seen.:D

Thats great but I think I would have told him that he dug the wrong side and told him to fill it in and dig the other side.

Needed a crescent wrench. Told a guy to go get a Metric adjustable.
When he finally brought me a crescent I told him it wouldn't fit. It needed to be metric :rolleyes:

If you've ever worked around a crew tying rebar, you'll hear them saying "endo" when laying out bars. "give me some endo" & "take some endo". They sent apprentice to get a "half a box of endos". It went all the way to the project superintendant who was the only other guy who didn't know it was a joke. He actually called suppliers looking for some endo's::p

Buddy of mine from work just got out of Army a few months ago told me the one about sending a new private to look for a PRC-E7 (prick E-7) :D
--------Gate

I was sent after a left handed screw driver once. I'm still not entrely sure there isn't one.

I called to order some parts from my supplier and asked for a Right handed pipe strecher, It took him two days and alot of people laughing to figure it out. And to get back at me played it off like they could get it and with model numbers and all. He almost got me.

It's hard to tell. You should send me $3,000 to check it. I assume your at wolf park?

I like the thought of some newbie running around all day lookipng for tings that don't exist. I wish my field had something like that.

So would these be the equivalent of muffler bearings or blinker fluid? EDIT.... nevermind... i didnt realize there was a 2nd page.... DOH

Besides car related stuff, I've heard 'hose stretcher' or 'pipe stretcher' but the half a hole is epic!

Latest posts

Back