Garbage disposal starts, stops then starts again

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason608

Reaction score
I have a 6 month old "Perfect Grind" garbage disposal. When I turn on the wall switch it does not start, but if I push the blades it will start, slow down, start, slow down then stop again. Or, it will start right up, grind for a few seconds then stop. Here are two pictures and a video of the issue. There is no hex screw on the bottom instead the instructions state to manualy move the blades from the top back and forth to remove any jammed objects, which I have done several times.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1j7rao3ltu70jn4/AABcT9qUx4mGzM5cMtYuAbsua?dl=0

I have a 6 month old "Perfect Grind" garbage disposal. When I turn on the wall switch it does not start, but if I push the blades it will start, slow down, start, slow down then stop again. Or, it will start right up, grind for a few seconds then stop. Here are two pictures and a video of the issue. There is no hex screw on the bottom instead the instructions state to manualy move the blades from the top back and forth to remove any jammed objects, which I have done several times.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1j7rao3ltu70jn4/AABcT9qUx4mGzM5cMtYuAbsua?dl=0

I would change that out before you lose a finger

warranty ? something is in a bind...whoever hooked it up, when they knocked out the plug, did they throw it away ?

try this..on the bottom, is an allen head slot...put the allen wrench in and turn it counter clock wise

with a flash light look in the disposal...see anything ?

if nothing is jambing it warranty time,,,get another

warranty ? something is in a bind...whoever hooked it up, when they knocked out the plug, did they throw it away ?

try this..on the bottom, is an allen head slot...put the allen wrench in and turn it counter clock wise

with a flash light look in the disposal...see anything ?

if nothing is jambing it warranty time,,,get another

He said this POS doesn't have an Allen slot. Check for proper power at the outlet and if it's normal, cut your losses and buy an Insinkerator.

Thanks everyone. I called the manufacture and they sent me a new one.

never.......and I mean never, stick your hand in a garbage disposal with out

frig turning off the breaker,,,,disconnect the wire from the breaker. LOL

I went to FIL house, he bought a new AC and needed the outlet changed to match the plug.

I told him,,,,It is your house, you know which breaker turn it off for me

He said yes, I know which on......he came back. good to go

That 220 ate my asss UP!!!! li me up like a christmas tree

Back