My Baking Thread

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of your lattice work so far has been exceptional!

We can get pie through the mail now? What an age we live in!

Nevermind, I thought you were going to talk of the plain wrapped boxes, blow up dolls, etc! (Not that I know about this stuff!) :p

The peach pie is gone... and as of today at lunch, the apple pie is also gone... :D However, I did try something with the remaining crust-dough... I cut circles of dough, put them in a muffin pan, filled with peach and apple and regular pie filling stuff, and then topped with another circle... PIE FOR ONE! HA! It turned out great! Except the tops fall off of some of them, and I think I have a fix for that next time... :)

I tried to make little custard pies in a similar fashion, it didn't work out.

Speaking of dining out, has anyone been to Fleming's Steakhouse?

Locations & Reservations - Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar

We went there last night and was amazed at how you could cut the steak with a feather! I highly recommend it, but as a word of caution, it is very expensive. Our meal cost $160 after tax and tip, which doesn't happen very often, but the food was great!

My best friend from high school is the head bartender at the Fleming's in Memphis... we went there for our anniversary and he HOOKED. US. UP!!! And our tab was still $100! :eek: But is it soooooo soooo soooooo good!

I have friends that work in Restaurants, they always hook up the food, but they give way to much so the scraps we send back look to be the size of the meal we were supposed to receive. I'm surprised they never got in trouble.

$160 bucks will feed me and the other half for a month. You my friend are crazy!

well, my son gave me a birthday gift certificate for $75, and said it would be enough for a nice dinner. I guess if you ate just the rolls they give you, and ask for water and lemon, you would probably have enough after the tip!

Speaking of gift certificates I hate it when I get get one for $10 to best buy, I would rather not have it there is nothing good at that store under $200 bucks. Finally a couple weeks ago I looked in our gift card drawer (Don't ask why we have one) and we had about $200 bucks worth for Best buy so I picked up a GPS for my Jeep. I guess the moral of the story is that I don;t hate those ten dolar gift cards anymore, they add up if you hold onto them for about 5 years.

I hate store-specific gift cards period. Unless it is Walmart... I can always use some crap from WM...

Latest posts

Back