New Hobby

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't leave it alone... :D

2010-09-30%2018.49.38.jpg

2010-09-30%2018.50.13.jpg

2010-09-30%2018.50.24.jpg

Had it blessed by a pseudo-Damascan-Medicine Woman... actually, used 60grit on my palm sander and held the blade sideways with the sander upside down between my feet. then just held the blade stationary on the sander and slowly rolled it back and forth.

I was referring to more of a police style, like the attached picture.

I think I can do something close to that with what I already have... I tried it last night on a test piece and it came out close, but not exact because those belts are roll-pressed with the pattern...

We also have quite a few leather dies and punches, and I tried to duplicate law enforcement basketweave and failed miserably. BTW, I like the look of the darker stain. Looks more aged and antiqued. :thumbs up:

Thanks, i like the antiqued look too, but next time I'll be dying it before building it! This time was an afterthought.

And what about this pattern? Looks like they used 1 grooved punch, one diagonal grooved, and a small camo punch (the leafy one around the edges)

709.jpg

I dont have what I need for that just yet... but I will try and do a larger sample of my new idea and see how close that gets... Might be this weekend, might not be. I am going to get my kids for the weekend, so we will have all 4...

My step-daughters have gotten to watch the whole process, but they are 5 and 7 and I don't trust either of them with a butter knife, more-or-less a real knife or hammer and punches... There would be bloodshed...

Kids aren't good with tools? I need to rethink my parenting strategy.

They just have their clumsy moments (like me) at the wrong times, and I'm not taking any chances...

I think I want to make a holster for my Model 10 snubbie... :D

Not a knife, but I made this flashlight thing this morning with my son... he got to pick the designs and be the hammer weilder, so he got his initials on it too... :) Father-Son bonding time is always good!

2010-10-02%2010.05.41.jpg

Good call, I wish I had a son. My daughter wants to brush my hair and make me dance around. It's good and all, I love that kid to death, but if she wanted to play guns I would be psyched.

Hay Brad, I wonder what would happen if you were to dip the thread in resin before winding in around the shank? I've never seen it done but I bet it would give the handle some strength?

I'm not leaving the handle that way... That was just so I would have a good gripping surface until I get my real scale material. (Still don't know what that will be though)...

I can see the benefit in doing a solid paracord wrap and then just dipping the entire tang into some sort of resin... that way you have a solid surface that no liquids (ie, deer blood) can get into.

Nice work. I like how you split the leather and folded the belt loop over the sheath.

Brad you may want to stop poking holes in you deck before it falls apart.

Latest posts

Back