Moen transfer valve/handheld problem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brnyrdsue

Reaction score
Just had a couple of guys do a tub to shower conversion. We used the following Moen parts and are having some trouble:

2510 Monticello positemp 1/2" IPS valve
T2112ORB Kingsley Posi-Temp Shower Trim Kit without Valve
A725ORB Drop Ell, Oil Rubbed Bronze
3375 Transfer 1/2-Inch CC Connection
T4171ORB 3-Function Transfer Valve Trim Kit without Valve,
Moen 23015BRB Multi-Function Hand held Shower Package with Hose

The Drop Ell and 3-Function Transfer Valve is above the main valve, not as high as the main showerhead, and to the right of the main showerhead. Neither are in line with the main showerhead. The trim kit for the transfer valve pulls out to turn on the handheld. I can turn the handheld only on, the handheld and main showerhead on, and the main showerhead only on. The problem is that I can only get very hot and very cold from the handheld, rendering it useless. It just stops flowing when pulling and turning the transfer valve trim handle from 12:00 to 6:00.

Any advice from anyone on this?

Thanks!

image.jpg

Last edited:
If you have the picture on your computer or phone you can select the Manage Attachments button and it will let you upload the images here.

Plumbers or hacks posing as plumbers?
Did you test it before you installed the tile?
OPPS !!

Did you take any pictures of the piping before you tiled it.

With the main valve off, do you get any water when you turn on transfer valve?
You should NOT get any water to either outlet.

Just my opinion on valve location.
The hose connector should be pointing down, but they installed the transfer valve there. OPPS!!

Piping should be something like this

shower.jpg

Not in a typing mood. Let's see if this helps.
"Why does my PosiTemp® shower, with waterdrop knob, only give me hot water or cold water, and not a mixture?"

In most cases, the knob has been installed upside down. To correct this simply:

Remove handle cap and the Phillips screw under the cap.
Pull the handle off the faucet.
Now replace the handle, only this time, make sure the point of the waterdrop handle is pointing downward to the six o'clock position.
Replace the Phillips head screw and handle cap.

What Mr_David said. I hope you did not pay your HACKS plumber wages. They have evidently never installed a shower with diverter valve before, very basic mistakes which will cause you problems forever.

Contact Moen at 1-800-BUYMOEN and ask their techs about your water temp problem.

Latest posts

Back