Garbage Disposal Smell?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeeperCreeper

Reaction score
Is there anything that wouldn't be poisonous I could use to get rid of a smell coming from my garbage disposal? I've tried Ice cubes and lemon but it's still there. I also have a backup in my dishwasher could they be connected?

It's most likely connected. Until you clean up the clog, the smell will remain. Once you clean out the drain, run your dishwasher using Tang or similar citrus powder, and use hot water. It should make the system smell better.

The black hose from the air gap to the disposal can also contribute.
Take an old dish washing brush and clean the under side of the splash guard.
That's the rubber thing in the drain opening you push the food through.

Try ice cubes with some scouring powder like Comet.

you need to plink your sink! go to bed bath and beyond and buy some plink. cool little balls that you throw into your disposall . turn on disposall quickly to break them up and enjoy a nice citrus experience.

Is there anything that wouldn't be poisonous I could use to get rid of a smell coming from my garbage disposal? I've tried Ice cubes and lemon but it's still there. I also have a backup in my dishwasher could they be connected?

hello there ...i agree with havasu u must clean clog and citrus power also can be used to get rid of smell.

You can try baking soda and vinegar the foaming of the chemical reaction will clean out the pipe. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back