Faucet Install Help!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmithe2010

Reaction score
Greetings.

So my new faucet has two copper tubes hanging straight down about a foot. If I can bend them toward the outlets, it would save me some work.

Question: Can I just bend them brute force or do I need some special tool/heat it up?

TIA

If you use both hands and slowly bend the copper, avoiding pinching it against the hole in the sink, you will be OK. I always give mine a slight bend in order to make a clean install.

Bending by hand is fine. Go slowly and start the bend well above the area you want the bend at. You cannot make tight bends without kinks, by hand and that's why you need to start higher.

Yes, it can be a shock on some home purchases but remember, you get what you pay for. Go cheap and you will need to purchase twice as often.

Yes, it can be a shock on some home purchases but remember, you get what you pay for. Go cheap and you will need to purchase twice as often.

This. ^
When it comes to a kitchen faucet, the best is barely good enough. Think about how often it gets used compared to others in the home. Make sure that parts are readily available locally. No matter how much you spend, you WILL need to repair it eventually.

This.^

Shortly after I got started in the plumbing trade, ~ 16 years ago, my Mom remodeled her kitchen. I remember installing a new Moen faucet for her. Last year sometime, I changed it out for another new Moen faucet.

I wouldn't call Moen top of the line, but they aren't cheap junk, either. Kitchen faucets go through a lot in the typical kitchen.

Latest posts

Back