Swapping flushometer toilet for conventional toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLS33

Übermensch
Reaction score
My house came with a flushometer setup that I want to get rid of (for resale aesthetics mainly). The rough-in for the toilet was 8 inches, so I took the wall back a bit to make room for the new toilet, now how should I go about getting the supply line connection I need? Right now it has a tee that leads straight to the flush valve. I need to get the tee out of the way because it sticks out taking room away needed for the tank. So should I turn the tee so it is out of the way and cap it? Then do I need to cut into the pipe to hook up the supply line to the tank? Here is a pic that may help you understand what I'm talking about:
0901101731.jpg

Normally, that valve is used for commercial applications only. Remove it completely and reroute the incoming water thru a reducer into 1/2" pipe, and have it come out of the wall at about 12" above floor level. If I remember correctly, the floor toilet flange should be set 12" away from the wall for a correct fit.

If I am seeing correctly, the piping is galvanized. If you just turn the T sideways into the wall, you will almost certainly cause a leak on the side of the T that will be loosened up. This is not something that I would try to coach someone through via the internet.

Nailer hit the nail on the head. My dream is to have a Sloan Valve Urinal. There is nothing like that woosh!

Latest posts

Back