Connecting horizontal branches to vericalstack.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asat

Reaction score
I am planning to finish up drain for my bathroom, and i am finding conflicting information about fittings to use when connecting horizontal drains to vertical stack. I was planning to use a combo wye and 2x45,for a turn, to connect horizontal branch. I see information saying that horizontal to vertical should be no more than a san tee (so that trap seals arent broken?).

UPC 706.2 Horizontal drainage lines, connecting with a vertical stack, shall enter through fortyfive (45) degree wye branches, sixty (60) degree wye branches, combination wye and 1/8 bend branches, sanitary tee or sanitary tapped tee branches, or other approved fittings of equivalent sweep.

Thanks!

Yes I get the use of san tee according to the flow of air/water. What I am confused is that the use of combo wye is not up to code when connecting horizontal to the vertical? Or am I misunderstanding something?
G5CJvvQ.png

If the horizontal branch has a vent on it for the fixture(s) attached to it, than the combination wye & 1/8 bend will be just fine. If the stack you are tying into is the vent for the fixtures connected to the horizontal branch, then you must use a sanitary tee.

That answers it! Yes ill have vents going for sink and vanity, I was only planning to not vent the toilet, well, wet vent it. Thank You!

Latest posts

Back