Proud Grandpa

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you all know that my 7 year old grandson has started racing bicycles at a local BMX track. He has raced 3 times, and received two trophys. If you notice in his hand a little green incentive that grandpa has negotiated!

2010-08-06_2022231.jpg

007.jpg

That kid has more money than me, what gives? I was a great bicycle rider was I was a kid infact I still love it but the other half hates it so I never get to go on a ride. I am sad now. why would you do that?

A few years ago (uh-hum..) I also got my son involved in BMX racing. He did it for 5 years and became an expert, but when his grades began to fail, I pulled him out. Kinda like "tough love", but that has progressed to lots of dirt activities, including M/C desert riding, Glamis trips, dune buggies, and even racing a Baja Truck in the Baja 1000.

Congrats man! Do you only pay him if he wins?

Yep. $20 for first place, $10 for second place, and $5 for third place. Knowing his dad, he probably pockets the money himself, but if so, it still covers the $12 entry fee for racing.

That's awesome. I was told winning was it's own reward, losing it's own punishment. All my friends made money for grades, I just got in trouble if I failed. I think I would have been better motivated had some one offered to pay me.

That is how life works, If you do well at something someone will pay you to do it and if you don't do well at anything you probably wont make much in life.

That's awesome. I was told winning was it's own reward, losing it's own punishment. All my friends made money for grades, I just got in trouble if I failed. I think I would have been better motivated had some one offered to pay me.
Same here...

Steve, you think maybe we should send a bill to our parents?

English Lesson:

Here...look down, this is where you are standing.
Hear...The various vibrations that reverberate in your ears to make a sound!

Once a smart ***, always a smart ***! :p

You guys are sarcastic? My feelings are hurt.

Well, I won't bore you folks anymore on my Grandson's BMX career after today, but tonight he got his first "first place" trophy, just about 4 hours after he lost one of his front teeth. Boy, did he rake in the bucks today!
IMG_20100818_201920.jpg

I am jelous but the bike he is on looks like my nephews that the cops impounded for him riding without a helmet.:mad:

Impound=To book into evidence....a real pain with lots of paperwork!
Seizure= To transfer from unit trunk to your personal vehicle....easy, no paperwork! J/K! :p

Latest posts

Back