Cleaning cables

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitz

Reaction score
I have a sectional Root 66 Not a bad machine. I try to take care of the cables the best I know how. I always have a rag and wipe it off as I pull it back the cable. When I have some roots or what ever else I pull back stuck in cable I take a screw driver and dig it out. But I really don't know how to get grease out? Is there someting I can soak the cables in that will eat the grease off and not harm the cables? (It would be nice if it smelled good to.

I always wipe the cable down with a 50/50 mix of bleach and water. Helps with the smell but also sanitizes the cable since you never know what is in the pipes you clean out. I also use a light oil to prevent any rusting of the cable since this is not an often used tool for me.

Last edited:
I always wipe the cable down with a 50/50 mix of bleach and water. Helps with the smell but also sanitizes the cable since you never know what is in the pipes you clean out. I also use a light oil to prevent any rusting of the cable since this is not an often used tool for me.

Hello majakdragon,
If you never used sectional machines, the "open wind" cables are a different breed. You can't wipe them.
Best, Dennis.....

Three '79 Dodge B200's
Three 1979 Dodge B200 Vans
Early '79 had 2 round headlamps, mid year went to 4 rectangular lamps.
White Van going into 10th winter since last paint job. Its due to be redone, maybe next summer I'll pull it for a makeover. Near 300K, 3rd engine at 265K, 3rd trans at 255K.
Blue van 12 years on paint, due for touch-up paint.
Brown van, original paint, 53K original miles.

Snake oil is good.
Sometimes I spray some "Simple Green" on them when they really stink from cleaning a restaurants kitchen main

I think Chinese restaurants are the worst smelling of all.....is that racist?

Latest posts

Back