What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard of them.

Today I am going to crawl around my boat and find the ground short that makes my gauges bounce around and not read correct. Gonna put a few new parts on it and get it ready for the river next weekend.

Frodo, thanks for the info on the rails-- and for the picture. That made my day. I've been having symptoms similar to angina lately and have felt crappy. I'm feeling better today though. still a bit worn out. My brother gave me a big hug last night and cooked for me, so that helped my mood.

I'm tempted to change my profile picture on FB to the one with the KISS mask. LOL.

Matt, Dilaudid is usually only addictive if you take it for an extended period of time. It's available in intravenous form for more severe pain. I think withdrawal symptoms start within 24 to 48 hours and can last up to 10 days. But generally that is if you use too much of it.

I've been visiting my friend who was nearly killed in the car accident. I think I mentioned that his crackhead father stole stuff from him (apparently the jerk also raided his desk for all of his spare change he had laying around). So my friend called his father and said "I know you took my phone and it better reappear at my house!" and lo and behold one of the missing phones was returned, but the other one was already sold. I told him to report it stolen. He's also going to get a mechanic to examine what's left of his truck because he now suspects it was a wheel falling off that caused the accident and he'd just had his tires serviced at a little place in town. If the tire did come off because it wasn't secured properly then he can get the tire place to pay his medical bills. He's doing better. I'm going to take him to the doctor on Tuesday for a followup.

I went for a slow walk earlier because I know I need the exercise. It's not much, but its better than being sedentary.

I forgot to mention that Mom has a shower seat but it sits inside the tub entirely and she didn't have a way to get in to sit on it. My friend is loaning me another wider seat that has adjustable legs. I think I need to move the arm part to the opposite side though.

Last edited:
Frodo, thanks for the info on the rails-- and for the picture. That made my day. I've been having symptoms similar to angina lately and have felt crappy. I'm feeling better today though. still a bit worn out. My brother gave me a big hug last night and cooked for me, so that helped my mood.

I'm tempted to change my profile picture on FB to the one with the KISS mask. LOL.

Matt, Dilaudid is usually only addictive if you take it for an extended period of time. It's available in intravenous form for more severe pain. I think withdrawal symptoms start within 24 to 48 hours and can last up to 10 days. But generally that is if you use too much of it.

I've been visiting my friend who was nearly killed in the car accident. I think I mentioned that his crackhead father stole stuff from him (apparently the jerk also raided his desk for all of his spare change he had laying around). So my friend called his father and said "I know you took my phone and it better reappear at my house!" and lo and behold one of the missing phones was returned, but the other one was already sold. I told him to report it stolen. He's also going to get a mechanic to examine what's left of his truck because he now suspects it was a wheel falling off that caused the accident and he'd just had his tires serviced at a little place in town. If the tire did come off because it wasn't secured properly then he can get the tire place to pay his medical bills. He's doing better. I'm going to take him to the doctor on Tuesday for a followup.

I went for a slow walk earlier because I know I need the exercise. It's not much, but its better than being sedentary.

I forgot to mention that Mom has a shower seat but it sits inside the tub entirely and she didn't have a way to get in to sit on it. My friend is loaning me another wider seat that has adjustable legs. I think I need to move the arm part to the opposite side though.

no problem,,hope you feel better
you ever wanna sell that old rifle..let me know.

i'll give it a home sitting next to a couple of his buddies

I'm feeling a bit better. I'm starting to get used to the medicine more and I finished the antibiotics already. My fingers on my right hand still keep swelling up for some odd reason.

My phone's battery seems to be dying. It loses battery while charging and even drains while its turned off. I'm eligible for a new phone and I'm thinking of getting an S5 for $1 at BestBuy but the upgrade fee is $40. Still not too bad. I think a new battery would be around $10. I've heard there was a software update that was causing some of the galaxy phones to lose battery faster, but that doesn't explain the loss of battery while turned off but plugged in and charging.

Meanwhile, ever since I had that problem with my water pump awhile back, my water pressure has been unstable. It will run fine and then there will be water in the line and it starts to spurt. It was running normally and then all of a sudden a hard burst came out and literally knocked a bowl out of my hands and slammed it to the bottom of the sink (fortunately it was a plastic bowl). Its been making loud noises like that while filling the toilet. It's worse with the hot water than the cold, but its still really annoying- especially when I'm taking a shower.

Chris, I'm glad I don't have to do the poop scooping and pothole filling in my yard. There is so much yard I almost never see the dog poop. The pot holes though.... stupid little armadillos have left them all over. I hope you have one of those scoops with a long handle so you don't have to bend.

Last edited:
Today i mowed the lawns, picked up the poop and fixed some potholes in our road.

how do you patch your holes? I throw a bag of concrete in the hole and go to the next hole.

the whole bag, paper and all. the rain, will make it hard, after it has been run over and packed by a few cars. works...

Dirt road so I take my skid steer out with a scoop of dirt and go to town.

oh..ok....i live on a road that should have been repaved 15 years ago..

they just patch, repatch, then patch the patch.

i follow behind em..throwing concrete in the deep holes

damn log trucks,,,that is big business around here

this is behind my place,,,i need to get theses big ones out before a pine beatle robs me

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

Last edited:
Frodo, that reminds me of my back 13 acres-- except for the nice little creek. At least that looks like a creek.

They paved part of my road but the logging trucks promptly tore it up so the edges are all messy. On the dirt part they come through with gravel-- sometimes they put down some sticky oil or tar or something (not sure what) on top of the gravel, but its gone within a couple of days. They have to smooth out the road with heavy machines and also have machines that pull the sediment back out of the ditches. They were supposed to pave the entire stretch awhile back, but something happened with the funding and it never got done.

meanwhile, I'm starting to feel better and have more energy. I still am tired a lot, but I'm not feeling like a total zombie. I hope it lasts. I've been trying to get in some exercise. It was too muggy outside yesterday so I spent several minutes standing in my doorway doing high-steps walking in place while holding on to something to make sure I maintained my balance. I need to do that every day just to get some form of exercise when I don't have to go to the store. Later today I'm taking a friend to the doctor and going to the store.

Update: took my friend to the doctor. He sat there waiting for over an hour only to have the doctor come in to tell him to come back in 2 weeks for an x-ray. Doctor shook his hand and walked out-- no exam or anything. Then they told him the bill for the visit was $147 and said he needs to pay the next time he comes in. But he already told them that he doesn't have insurance and he can't pay them until he can go back to work and start earning money again. I think he might need to start a gofundme page or something. He's got a girlfriend (that he calls his wife) and two kids to support. The girlfriend lost her job because her boss wouldn't accept that she needed to take time off to take care of him- since his crackhead father who was supposed to be taking care of him ended up stealing from him and proved to be unreliable. He's someone who works hard, but keeps having set backs with things like a tree falling on his house, medical expenses for the kids, etc.

Anyway, afterward my brother and I went to upgrade our phones at Best Buy, but they didn't have them in stock and after 2 hours of trying to get through the system to order the phones and set them up, it just wouldn't let them so we gave up. Went to the AT&T official store but they wouldn't try to set it up without the primary accountholder being present. So there was a lot of wasted time. But we went to the Thai place and had some good food before heading home.

Last edited:
Frodo, that reminds me of my back 13 acres-- except for the nice little creek. At least that looks like a creek.

They paved part of my road but the logging trucks promptly tore it up so the edges are all messy. On the dirt part they come through with gravel-- sometimes they put down some sticky oil or tar or something (not sure what) on top of the gravel, but its gone within a couple of days. They have to smooth out the road with heavy machines and also have machines that pull the sediment back out of the ditches. They were supposed to pave the entire stretch awhile back, but something happened with the funding and it never got done.

meanwhile, I'm starting to feel better and have more energy. I still am tired a lot, but I'm not feeling like a total zombie. I hope it lasts. I've been trying to get in some exercise. It was too muggy outside yesterday so I spent several minutes standing in my doorway doing high-steps walking in place while holding on to something to make sure I maintained my balance. I need to do that every day just to get some form of exercise when I don't have to go to the store. Later today I'm taking a friend to the doctor and going to the store.

Update: took my friend to the doctor. He sat there waiting for over an hour only to have the doctor come in to tell him to come back in 2 weeks for an x-ray. Doctor shook his hand and walked out-- no exam or anything. Then they told him the bill for the visit was $147 and said he needs to pay the next time he comes in. But he already told them that he doesn't have insurance and he can't pay them until he can go back to work and start earning money again. I think he might need to start a gofundme page or something. He's got a girlfriend (that he calls his wife) and two kids to support. The girlfriend lost her job because her boss wouldn't accept that she needed to take time off to take care of him- since his crackhead father who was supposed to be taking care of him ended up stealing from him and proved to be unreliable. He's someone who works hard, but keeps having set backs with things like a tree falling on his house, medical expenses for the kids, etc.

Anyway, afterward my brother and I went to upgrade our phones at Best Buy, but they didn't have them in stock and after 2 hours of trying to get through the system to order the phones and set them up, it just wouldn't let them so we gave up. Went to the AT&T official store but they wouldn't try to set it up without the primary accountholder being present. So there was a lot of wasted time. But we went to the Thai place and had some good food before heading home.

ever been to a Mongolian bar b que ?

give it a shot if you see one.

its a big buffet, with all raw meat and veggies..sauces

get what you like..give it ti the chief,,who cooks it on a 6' stir fry pot

yum yum

first time i went....i piled my plate up

the waitress said...no..only 2 meat..2 meat,,you get to much

i said..where is sign,,where sign,,,you put up sign

that creek is for runoff water..it is a deer highway lol

ever been to a Mongolian bar b que ?

give it a shot if you see one.

its a big buffet, with all raw meat and veggies..sauces

get what you like..give it ti the chief,,who cooks it on a 6' stir fry pot

yum yum

first time i went....i piled my plate up

the waitress said...no..only 2 meat..2 meat,,you get to much

i said..where is sign,,where sign,,,you put up sign

that creek is for runoff water..it is a deer highway lol

LOL. I went to one of those places before-- there were bugs sitting on some of the vegetables.

I did get to pile my plate up though-- but I think I took too much meat. I should have gotten more rice and veggies. I could barely finish it. My friend's dumb girlfriend failed to read the signs that said to put the spices/sauces in little bowls and she dumped it on her stuff and got stinkeye from the chef.

I still prefer Thai food. Even though we were the only people in the mongolian place, it seemed to take a long time for them to make the food while we stood there.

There's another place that has a Japanese name and Japanese outfits and style of cooking, but the chefs are Chinese. They seat a certain number of people around the hibachi (or whatever its called) and juggle eggs, flip things, and do a little performance as they cook. First time I was in there, one of the chefs was mad at me because I'm allergic to onion and he had a bad attitude about it the whole time. The second time, I got a different chef who didn't have a problem with the no onion part.

LOL. I went to one of those places before-- there were bugs sitting on some of the vegetables.

I did get to pile my plate up though-- but I think I took too much meat. I should have gotten more rice and veggies. I could barely finish it. My friend's dumb girlfriend failed to read the signs that said to put the spices/sauces in little bowls and she dumped it on her stuff and got stinkeye from the chef.

I still prefer Thai food. Even though we were the only people in the mongolian place, it seemed to take a long time for them to make the food while we stood there.

There's another place that has a Japanese name and Japanese outfits and style of cooking, but the chefs are Chinese. They seat a certain number of people around the hibachi (or whatever its called) and juggle eggs, flip things, and do a little performance as they cook. First time I was in there, one of the chefs was mad at me because I'm allergic to onion and he had a bad attitude about it the whole time. The second time, I got a different chef who didn't have a problem with the no onion part.

caught a military hop to Taipei Taiwan for a little R&R.

while there..I went to a off the wall mom an pop restaurant.

I look for them, when i travel i refuse to eat at big/name brand/ tourist traps

whats the fun in that?

so, i am in this restaurant, only one that speaks english. they are all talking about me.

or i think they are, cause they are looking at me and talking,

i order by just pointing at what is wrote on the wall,,looks like the daily special.

they like my choice.

they bring the finger bowl...i actually wash my fingers instead of drinking the water..and receive

oh's and ahs, nods of acceptance.

when the food was brought, i declined silverware and insisted on chop sticks.

I got em now!! they start chattering and giggleing. on a scale of 1-10 my proficiency

with the chop stick is a solid 3 maybe 4.

so now I am the local floor show, the afternoon entertainment.

i had a blast,and met interesting people

to top it off,,,I remembered to bow,

on to a Chinese Oprah!!!

Latest posts

Back