Softener Comparison &/or ratings

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwikwater

Reaction score
I'm having a tough time finding any good, unbiased reviews for water softeners. There's features, etc., between brands that a supplier carries, but not a universal comparison. Not Consumer Reports and at least 30-40 supplier & mfg's websites. Can somebody point me to one?!?!

Thanks!!

Look at Clack and Fleck valves. The Fleck 5600 valve is an industry standard and has been for many years. Solid and reliable. The Clack WS-1 series is a very solid, dependable, simpel and easy to service electronic demand metered valve. Stay away from big box store brands. Kinetico also makes some very nice equipment but you have to have it installed and serviced by a Kinetico dealer.

Clack and Fleck valves are your best bet, they are the shall I say set the industry standard. Both are used in residential and commercial applications. Beware of your lesser quality brands, I can give you a bunch of Kinetico valves that did not hold up. DO not buy from the big box stores either as those are if you want to call them "builder grade" THey will do for a short time in a pinch. Your best choice is to call a treatment / filtration company. have them come out, check your water and give you the corrective recommendations. Do not go to a plumber for water treatment problems, they generally have some knowlage ( more than the helpers in the big box stores) but you can wrap up alot of money in equipment and also fustration if not diagnoised, installed properly.

Latest posts

Back