Which brand should I look at?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wej76

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about replacing all the faucets in my house since they all look old and worn out. What brands should I look at and what should I steer clear of?

Thanks in advance.

;)

Last edited:
I like to stick to "name" brands. Kohler is my favorite. Amercan Standard,Delta, and Moen also make quality faucets.

Basicly I prefer American made fixtures

Good point on the american made brands! Thanks for such a quick reply! Guess its off to the home depot or lowes.

Skip the "glacier bay" and other El cheapo fausets. We have had a glacier bay in our kitchen sink for 5 years and replaced it with the exact same one 3 times.

The next time around we are shelling out some coin for a decent delta or kohler.

DO NOT BUY PRICE PFISTER!!!

We just installed a brand new kitchen Price Pfister faucet 4 months ago. Last we came home to a flood in our first floor and basement. The threaded connector from the faucet lever to the water supply developed a large hole. I am mailing the faucet back and hoping for a refund. It caused over $1000 worth of damage. I truly believe this is a defective product and will never purchase a Price Pfister product again.

Agree on Price Pfister...no good. Delta and Moen are your best workhorse faucets. They are reasonably priced, well built, easy to work on, and parts are widely available. Kohler is a good faucet, but parts availability can be tough. Danze, Glacier Bay, etc is not good.

Delta and Moen are good faucets. If you have allot of mineral in your water Delta is better because of the internal design.

If you buy a product that's called phister you will get fisted.:eek:

Go to Moen or Delta...

Delta and Moen are good faucets. If you have allot of mineral in your water Delta is better because of the internal design.

If you buy a product that's called phister you will get fisted.:eek:

^^^Listen to these people^^^ save your self some grief!

The other 'cheaper' options are that for a reason, first cost savings are not always the best way to go, spend the little bit difference and years down the road you won't even think about it, ---if you choose the lesser units, you will be doing more than 'thinking about it later!'

I will second the stay away from cheap theme here. Keep in mind that the working parts are hidden from view so you won't know it's broke until it get's expensive!

Well lets just say when we built our house last year I told my wife she could have any faucet she wanted as long as it said DELTA. I brought home a delta catalog and told her to pick.

You can never go wrong with a great Delta Faucet. Superior quality, great craftsmanship, and it is just a wonderful faucet all around.

Good Luck and let us know on what you decide

Last edited by a moderator:
Brand thing is another but you also have to consider you style and your bathroom/kitchen theme and blend it in. Just my thoughts.

I prefer Danze Faucets, Danze is a company that guarantee drip free faucets with over 20 different collections to choose from. They have mastered the brush nickel and polished metal finishes reflecting quality and perfection in design and manufacturing. They offer a great line of sink faucets and shower systems for the contemporary or classic style home...

Back