aerator for tub spout

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmetz003

Reaction score
i have a older tub and without replacing the whole spout i would like to put on an aerator is there a kind of aftermarket or adapter i can put on.

i have a older tub and without replacing the whole spout i would like to put on an aerator is there a kind of aftermarket or adapter i can put on.

yeah man! open your window, cut a square out of the screen.

then you can use a radiator clamp to to hold it on that spout.

it'll work!!!!

duct tape will just keep falling off and the cat will play with it.

SmileyDrunk.gif

Probably not. You don't like the way the water falls out, or what?
no its that our well water has plant algea and i wanted a screen to help filter it out for my dogs water witch i fill in the tub ,also jugs of water for myself

a screen on your aereator will not filter out anything, all it does is agitate the water which is really a "green" device to save water and save you money..it does not filter your water.

get a filter to attach under your kitchen sink, or the type you pour water into..their are several, whole house, under counter, or personal type filters
it is really a personal preference. as to what you use.

Before installing an expensive water system, I would try chlorinating the well. Open the well casing and dump a whole bottle of bleach down into your well. That will definatly kill the algea, but it may not be a permanant fix. dont drink the water, the bleach will dissapate in 3-5 days and you'll be crytal clear but for how long. its worth a shot!

Latest posts

Back