kitchen drain clogged and snake didn't work

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hifrank001

Reaction score
hello, everyone,
My kitchen was clogged suddenly a week ago; I have tried snake (7.3 meters/25 feet) several times and it didn't work.
What could cause this situation?
BTW, basement has been finished with drywall ceiling and this is no trap doors for me to access clean out.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Kitchen drain stoppages can require a lot more cable than 25'.
35' to 45' is an average distance. Kitchen is usually on the opposite side of the unit from the bathrooms.

Hire someone with a longer power assisted snake.

Thanks, David.
I noticed that letting faucet on and water accumulation back up to sink takes about 30-35 seconds; then I leak the accumulated water out between sink and L bow (+/- 1-1.2 meter) which goes into the wall; then refilling the water again between wall L bow and sink takes about 15 seconds.

So where is jammed is about 1-1.5 meters in the wall from L bow. However, my 25' snake already far pass through this point. How does it happen?

Not sure if my explanation is clear enough.

regards,

Last edited:
hi, there,
I don't have a food disposal; my snake is a electric ones (with drill).
Thanks for suggestion.

Your snake is probably going UP the vent, rather than down through the stoppage.

Honestly, this is exactly why I would rather spend a hundred bucks and have a professional do it. They have the right tools to do the job right, and they guarantee their work.

Latest posts

Back