Funny Plumbing Stories

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I bet the Professionals have a whole lifetime of them.

Last time I had to call a Professional he told us that he had to go service a house with a super obese lady. He said her turds kept clogging up the toilet. He would go there, fish them out and break them up to flush. Later the same day her husband called angry that the toilet was still clogged. He had to go out there and show him via camera the giant turd. Told him his wife would have to break them up with a stick or something. He said he was really embarrassed to tell him that.

Had an old school service guy grab a turd out of a toilet, take a big whiff and say: "Smells like peanut butter toast!"

I almost puked all over myself!

Had an old school service guy grab a turd out of a toilet, take a big whiff and say: "Smells like peanut butter toast!"

I almost puked all over myself!

That's amazingly disgusting. I would ask if he was wearing gloves, but I'm sure he wasn't. At that point I guess it doesn't really matter.

LOL. Some of the old pollack plumbers here are pretty crude

Any new guys have anything funny?

Okay. A few years ago I roughed-in a custom home in a well-to-do type neighborhood. That went well and so did the trim, but the lady of the house always seemed to be complaining about little details and was quickly stifled by hear husband. Just giving an idea of the personalities involved.
About 2 weeks after the house closing, the builder calls my boss and tells him that the master bathroom over the kitchen flooded and destroyed drywall, cabinets, etc. and the husband is going to sue everybody! After having my a$$ handed to me, the boss sends me out to the house.
The huffing and red faced wife meets me at the door and starts letting me have it. Every rude comment in the book. I head upstairs with her to investigate. She said water just started pouring out of the ceiling, flooding everything and suddenly stopped. Then she went downstairs to call her hubby and loudly comment again on the stupid plumbers.
Looking at the water all over the master bath and under the cabinets, something didn't seem right. Random puddles and splashes. No leaks now when I water test. Water on the walls and mirrors?
Enter the 7 year old daughter....
"Hi, are you the plumber?"
Yes
"Are you here because Billy and Tommy had a water balloon fight in the bathroom while mommy was taking a nap? It was really bad. She put all of the broken balloons in my garbage can. Look how many. Mommy told daddy that the stupid plumbers did it and my daddy is gonna sue everybody."
Hmmm. I called the builder and my boss. They stopped over and I called in Suzie and had her repeat what she told me in front of her unexpecting mother and the bosses as well as presented the garbage pail filled with broken balloons. Apparently mom gathered all of the evidence and didn't want to upset her husband so she blamed us. It appeared to be 2 bags of water balloons and maybe some battle with the hand sprayers from the shower and whirlpool tub.
She quickly asked us to leave and we never heard from them again.
The End.

I feel sorry for that guy. Good story.

Did a service call for a frantic lady who said she can hear water running inside her wall.
No water showing on arrival. She takes me up to the second floor master bath room.
Relatively large bathroom with a walk in shower adjacent to a roman bathtub. Both separated by a glass partition.
"Do you here that?" she said.
I could hear a faint noise like a fan running in a nearby room, but there was no fan.
She thought it was something leaking/spraying water inside the wall.
I touched the glass partition and felt a slight vibration. I reached up on top and found a disposable vibrating razor on top of the glass frame.
She had just taken a shower and used the razor.
I went out to my truck and laughed so hard I had tears .

Weekend OT call. Guy checkin' up on his daughters condominium unit while she's out of town.
Finds water leaking from a bathroom ceiling and had asked the occupant above if there was any noticeable leak before he called a plumber.
She told him "NO! I don't have anything leaking!"
I arrived and suggested we check the upper unit 1st before I cut anything open.
I knock on the door and the occupant opens it and screams "WHAT! I'M TRYING TO WATCH TV!"
Politely I convinced her to allow to take a look because I often find leaks that others may have over looked.
I walked into her bathroom and it was flooded. Found the plastic nut on supply to her toilet ballcock was cracked and spraying water.
I turned off the angle stop and offered to fix it.
"No Thank You, and you can tell that A**HOLE downstairs that he doesn't have to worry about the leak any more"
What a truly sad and miserable person she was.

People assume it's always not their fault. Weird.

Landlord called to have a tenants tub looked at for a clog. Water started backing up while she was showering and filled the tub about 1/4 of the way up. She poured a whole bottle of Drain-o and called the landlord. He added another bottle the next day and still no relief. He called a plumber who wanted to charge him to vac out and empty the tub and then called us to see if there was a better and cheaper solution. So the tub is 1/4 full with plenty of Drain-o added and I found the best possible solution....I pushed down the trip lever on the overflow and voila! The tenant flipped up the lever at some point and thought 'up' was open. Nobody checked it before adding Drain-o, they just figured it was a clog. The landlord then voiced his opinion about how $60 was too much to charge for flipping a lever, but he'll pay it anyways because he's an honest businessman. I guess if he didn't pay, I could just flip the lever up and they would all be back to square one again.lol.

I have a Leadman/ Pipelayer that works for me and we have an agreement that if anything goes wrong or I screw something up and the customer is near it is always his fault and he will take the blame. thankfully it has never happened but just incase.

I have a Leadman/ Pipelayer that works for me and we have an agreement that if anything goes wrong or I screw something up and the customer is near it is always his fault and he will take the blame. thankfully it has never happened but just incase.

When You're the boss, You are ultimately responsible for all mishaps.

finger.jpg

I arrived at a call once and the man answered the door and the first words out of his mouth was "I didn't do it" and he continued to say that a guy he was renting the room to did it. He said he heart the guy moaning from his room and shortly heard the toilet flush and his renter left there after. Hi went back to the bathroom and the toilet was plugged. I pulled the toilet and the stool had to be broken up with a hammer and chisel.

Latest posts

Back