Standing Water in the Bath

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NPP

Reaction score
After I shower there's always a good amount of water I'm left standing in. I've tried a snake, chemicals but neither have worked. Is there anything else I should try before getting a plumber?

Check to make sure the drain is opening all the way. Mine was doing that recently and it was the little chain that operates the drain plug deal inside the pipe. If it is a standard shower/tub, remove the two screws that hold the faceplate on the lever for the drain and pull it out. If it drains fine then, you've found the trouble. If not, you are a little closer to finding it!

We had the same problem in one of our showers at home. We used a whole bottle of chemicals, pouring a little bit in every hour or so, to clean it out and it seemed to work for a few months but I've noticed the standing water is starting to come back.

Check to make sure the drain is opening all the way. Mine was doing that recently and it was the little chain that operates the drain plug deal inside the pipe. If it is a standard shower/tub, remove the two screws that hold the faceplate on the lever for the drain and pull it out. If it drains fine then, you've found the trouble. If not, you are a little closer to finding it!

Ditto this.
Pull out the stop and run some water to see what it does.

After I shower there's always a good amount of water I'm left standing in. I've tried a snake, chemicals but neither have worked. Is there anything else I should try before getting a plumber?
We had to unscrew the stopper to get at wads of dog hair. Once we got that out it drained fine.

Latest posts

Back