Help! The Toilets burst out water...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demoudi

Reaction score
We have two bathrooms next to eachother with one toilet each. Within the past couple of months they have both bursted out water randomly, luckily no one was int he restrooms while this happened. This has just happened for the 2nd time today. The (clean) water is shot out onto the floor, all over the toilet, and on the wall across from the toilet. There is a musty smell and the toilet bowl (not the tank) is left empty.

We flush them and they both flush normally after that. We have no warning and nothing changes before it happens.

We've already had a plumber come the first time it happened about 2 months ago and do, I believe, a 70 ft snake and found nothing. He also searched pipes in the basement and around the bathrooms.

I would really really like to know if anyone's seen this before, what it is, and how to fix it?!?!

:confused:

It's actually a business. these bathrooms are on street level. Then we have a basement that also has bathrooms that noone uses and an upper level that also has 1 bathroom that noone uses. The building is also very old and is used as a bank now and previously has been.

You advised the water that shot out of the toilet was clean water. If this water came from the toilet bowl, it is not clean water! I would have a qualified plumber inspect all of your lines with a camera to see if there is a collapsed vent or sewer line. You could also contact your Public Works Department and ask them for their assistance. There might be a public sewer line that needs attention. This problem could be disasterous if not corrected, so I would start right away with some phone calls.

Thank you!!! We have someone coming in today to look at it and I am going to let him know what you said. And we're also going to call the Public Works.
Thank you again!:D

Sounds to me like a jetter that went the wrong way down a one way street.

I once worked for a vactor/jetter company. We had a bad day when the jetter blew out someones toilet. It was not "water" that came shooting out covering the poor womans trailer home. Yes, I said home, not bathroom.

Could be completely unrelated to the OP but where else can I share this story!?!

Latest posts

Back