Bathroom reno

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakley02

Reaction score
I am getting ready to reno a old tired bathroom. Attached is my plan for the rough plumbing. Any concerns or comments? Thanks!

IMG_2511.jpg

Forgot to mention, path is required to pickup 2" vent in the wall, turn 180 to get back to the existing 3" line. Double tee is for bath and sink.

The double sanitary tee is wrong. Only a tee can be used for a vent or a vertical going into a horizontal. Instead of the tee, use a double wye fitting with 2 45's. for sweep. Remember to vent each fixture keeping all vents above the weir of the trap.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure I understand the use of a double wye in this case. The double tee is taking the horizontal runs of the tub and sink into the 3" stack (vertical). I've seen this done with double sani tees in a lot of pictures (not that they are all done right either), just trying to understand why. I have plan to have 1.5" vents tying into each the sink and the tub lines (6" above flood). Thanks again.

I think my picture may be throwing things off a bit. The toilet flange will be slipped into the first elbow, travel horz. to the 2nd elbow (picking up the 2" vent line in that elbow), then going into the double tee (picking up the two 1.5" sink and bath lines), then turning back horz. again in the last combo to the main drain.

Last edited:
Put a 3" sanitary tee where you have the sanitary cross. Use the branch of the 3" santee to catch the toilet. Move the cross up to where the heel inlet 1/4 bend is now, and put a 3" x 2" reducing bushing in the top to catch the vent.

Thanks phishfood! That looks like a better plan to keep the runs of the 1.5 closer to the joists. Is there any other major benefit of what you recommend? Trying to learn. Thanks.

Does code require 2" stack vent for a standard three piece or can I get 1.5" stack vent to suffice ?

Latest posts

Back