What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually need a pickup truck since mine got smashed by a falling tree limb last year. Vehicle prices out here are fairly high though and there isn't as much of a selection as I'd like. I need something low maintenance with at least halfway decent gas mileage that has 4WD and can withstand frequent trips on unpaved roads and maybe some off-road driving. Probably something with a towing package if we ever need to tow the flatbed trailer or something else. Not sure what to get though.

The past few days I've been trying to do more cleanup but have also been sick. Yesterday there was a circus in town and my friends were inside so my brother and I had to pay to get in to find them. It was $10 per person and was not that impressive, but its probably the most excitement this town has had in a long time.

Had some jackasses alerting my dogs by driving into my yard with 4-wheelers. They immediately drove out and then closed my front gate. I was in the middle of doing something so I couldn't go out there and ask them WTF they were doing and tell them to stay off my property and leave my gate alone. I haven't seen my cows so I suspect my cows were out and they were trying to prevent my cows from getting back in so they could poach them. I've been too sick to really go out and look around much. Another one of my cats is missing too. I'm hoping he'll turn up alive and well.

When I'm feeling better I may have to park myself on the porch with the M-14 for awhile and see if those jerks come back.

I recently re-watched part of Army of Darkness (ended up having to drive someone someplace and had to leave before it was over). I loved the line:"Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things, right now: Jack and $#it... and Jack left town."

My sister will be visiting in December and then I get to drive her back to Albuquerque in early January. We'll have to make sure to stock up on peanutbutter, crackers, water, and make sure we have the GPS all figured out so we don't have a repeat of the last trip. Last trip we were driving out and we had a Magellen that responded to voice command. Apparently it somehow thought some of the Celtic music was giving it instructions to change route and we ended up going 5 hours out of our way to some place in Texas and were totally lost (because the GPS said we were in Albuquerque instead) and ended up having to shut the stupid thing off and restart it once we found out where we really were. Btw, the Magellen did not respond to "Where am I?" but it did respond to "Where the f--k am I?" It also thinks you are talking to it if you say "gellin'" "felon", "Ian McKellan", and "Helen". Well, it did before it made like Humpty Dumpty and had a great fall so it no longer responds to voice commands. The new GPS is a Garmin that can tell what speed we are going.

Anyway, I hate long car trips (I get motion sickness) so that is going to be fun.

I used to raise quail. I had about 60 of them. They were tiny little ones though. They wouldn't have been any good for eating. They laid a bunch of eggs though. I loved the sounds they made.

The good news is my cows are still around. They were hiding out in the barn for awhile. I still don't like the people trespassing and messing with my gate.

I spent some more time at a friend's house today and had to stop myself from strangling the obnoxious 4-year-old. I mean, sometimes he is so sweet and good, but other times he's unbearable. If I were feeling better I probably would have had more patience with him.

I think tomorrow I need to take my friend's dog back to the vet to get her stitches out.

I'm so sleepy I forgot what else I was going to say.

Yeah, I'm curious as well to find out if Chris was productive.

I installed new flooring and a new toilet today in the master bath. I'm tired.

get-attachment (1).jpg

get-attachment (2).jpg

get-attachment (3).jpg

get-attachment (4).jpg

Was about to give up when I saw a massive Colorado sized deer. Now the search is on to find him and kill him.

Latest posts

Back