Touch faucets

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weamish

Reaction score
I have the Delta Trinsic kitchen faucet with Touch2O. The touch faucet will work flawlessly for a while, then get really flaky - won't turn on when touched, or will turn off then turn back on again by itself, etc. It might do those things once or twice or all day, then start working flawlessly again. Changing the batteries has no effect on this behavior.

Any idea what might be causing these problems?

Thanks!

...Steve

I ran to a similar problem and it was the grounding wire not attach(clip) to the proper spot on the mounting shank. The grounding wire has to be attach to the smooth spot at the bottom of the mounting shank and not attach to the threaded part of mounting shank. The grounding wire needs the the solid surface for the faucet to operate properly.

Thanks Ifix, I'll check that out. It's been getting really weird lately - the faucet will turn itself on when I'm not even in the room. Scary.

I'm recommendation is to call delta. I'm sure they will have a helpline to guide you through the process of troubleshooting and repairing.

Delta does an awesome job standing behind their products...

Delta does an awesome job standing behind their products...

I've corresponded with them, and they immediately sent me replacement parts. That was great, except that they provide no warranty for labor, only parts. Which means that any professional repair will probably cost at least as much as the original faucet.

Latest posts

Back