Can someone recomend to me a good "homeowner plumbing snake"

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustywrangler

Reaction score
Just as it says, I am in the search for a good home owners plumbing snake so I do not have to call the city every time the old pipes get jammed up. I only need something in the 25-30 foot range. It is only 20 feet from cleanout to city trap.

I have the little hand slide snake but that gets very messy. A power drill attachment or similar is fine also.

Any help on this is appreciated.

p951748reg.jpg

You mean like this?

Any hardware store should have one. This one I found at ace and its 20'.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1280059&CAWELAID=109337825

It is wierd seeing you with 2 posts and a "Junior Member"

Unfortunatly however there isn't a lot of options as far as snakes go. Especially for homeowners. The best ones utilize a foot switch that allows you have both hands on the cable. Feeding it while it spins.

Several companies make sewer machines in several sizes. If you are running your mainline then you want AT LEAST a 3/8 cable. 1/2" would be better but 3/8" would allow you to use it on pipes within your home.

Hope this helps bud.

If this is for the main line, and not a shower or sink drain, there is NO inexpensive, homeowner grade snake. Mine cost $900.00 20 years ago.

You are trying to clear the main drain. It is 3 or 4" and there is no "homeowner" snake for this. I agree that renting is the best answer. This way you are not taking up space with a tool that sits around 90% of the time. A sewer auger is not cheap, at least not the ones worth buying.

Latest posts

Back