Automated Watering Systems

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dante

Reaction score
My local city council just passed water restrictions legislation that means I now have to pay a fee every year to keep and maintain an automated watering system. Any body ever heard of this? About a decade ago they instituted a fee for security devices and I though that was nuts.

My local city council just passed water restrictions legislation that means I now have to pay a fee every year to keep and maintain an automated watering system. Any body ever heard of this? About a decade ago they instituted a fee for security devices and I though that was nuts.

Are you talking about a sprinkler timer? Or one that they have access to?

I received a free automated sprinkler box from my local water company. What is nice is that it has a receiver to shut off the sprinklers when it detects moisture in the air (rain), and will reduce the amount of water used depending on what month it is.

I received a free automated sprinkler box from my local water company. What is nice is that it has a receiver to shut off the sprinklers when it detects moisture in the air (rain), and will reduce the amount of water used depending on what month it is.

Was that in So Cal or Havasu? I wouldn't mind a free sprinkler timer.

My local water company in La Verne offered these controllers as a way to reduce water consumption. I would recommend calling your local water company to find out what deals are available. So far in the last two years, we have been offered new low flow toilets, shower heads, sink airators (sp) and the sprinkler controller.

Unless you have a separate meter, you are probably paying sewer fees on all the lawn water you are using. Many areas have what is called Winter Average and your summer bill is adjusted for lawn usage. Since water usage has become a big deal, everyone is getting on the bandwagon to get their share of the money from it. Where I used to live (Ohio), sprinklers were required to have a Back-flow preventer and a yearly inspection at $150.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back