Odd fishen story

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterwelldude

Water well,and septic guy
Professional
Reaction score
Some years ago some friends and I were going fishing in a local river. We were going to use live bait, so we saned a small creek that ran into the lake.

As we were pulling the net through the water, we hit some kind of snag. Thinking it was a root or just some branches in the water, we just pulled a little harder.
It broke free easier that we thought it should. We didn't think much about it at the time, and just kept pulling.

We get to a shallow part and decided to bring the net out and see what we have.
As we pulled it out, we saw something trying its best to get out of the net.
We thought it may be a big fish or large turtle.
We get it up on land and fold the net back, and like a shot, it ran out of the net and went straight up a tree.

We dropped the net and ran after it. After we reached the tree, and started looking for it up in the tree. We could see the branches moving and leaves falling, we knew about where it was.

We found some long sticks and started poking at where it was, and before we could get a good look at it, the thing flew off.

To this day we have never found out what it was.:confused:

Travis

What had you guys been smoking during this fishing trip Travis?:D

It was obviously a flying fish!

Last edited:

I have an idea. That's weird. Did you guys get any site of it?

how could you get a net all teh way up on shore and have time to fold it open, and watch this thing run away, but not get any eye-sight on it? I R confrused...

My guess is chupacabra..

lol,, no smoken on this trip

I posted this story on another forum, and had one guy call it a "Tree climbing flying fish".

I have an idea. That's weird. Did you guys get any site of it?

It was just about dusk and was kinda muddy. That thing was fast.

how could you get a net all teh way up on shore and have time to fold it open, and watch this thing run away, but not get any eye-sight on it? I R confrused...

My guess is chupacabra..

Chupacabra,,lol, I couldn't wait for that to come up.. I knew someone would..lol

Maybe it was one of these?

treefish.jpg

That's sort of a personal question, dont cha think?

Chupacabra only hang out where there are Goats, so I figured if there were a few Goats hanging around, we might be narrowing the field.

Yeah, I think speedbump missed it...

No, I got it, I just always thought Sheep made that sound. I'm still trying to figure out what a Goat sounds like. Sheep say Baaaaaaaaaob:rolleyes:

Goats say Bah, only with more anger. I had an African Pygmy Goat growing up. It was my second favortie pet. I loved that goat. Now that I've given you guys gold, I expect to be berated with some class.

Homage properly paid and recorded for anyone who fails to peruse this thread... :D :thumbsup: oh... wait....

Man, how a fishing story can take a turn down the wrong road..lol
I dont think there were any sheep or goats around there.

However, there may have been a unicorn or two.:D

Man, how a fishing story can take a turn down the wrong road..lol
I dont think there were any sheep or goats around there.

However, there may have been a unicorn or two.:D

For the record unicorns don't bah. I had a unicorn once... long story short I loved that thing.

Latest posts

Back