Double sink with garborator in my apartment wont drain!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raditz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I live on the top floor of my 4 story apartment building, and last night, my sink clogged. I have a double sink with a Garb orator. When I turn on the water, both my sinks start filling at the same time. I took apart my pipes, and cleaned out the trap and tried that. No luck, then I went and bought a 25 foot snake, and tried that. It seemed to get some crud out, and felt like it was hitting something, so I worked it for a while, and my snake felt like it pushed on through, and kept going until I maxed it out with no blockages. So I figured that it was unclogged. I assembled the piping again and turned the water on and the both sinks filled with water again. There's no clean out in my apartment, and I followed the pipes under my cabinets and they go into the wall somewhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions? A plumber is the last thing I want to do since Ive just and a new baby girl and money is tight.

Thanks so much

often overlooked is the good old plunger, if the clog is before the vent pipe you may have luck with one, ( 2 being even better in the case of a kitchen sink ) Try covering one of the Drains with one plunger ( maybe have a friend do this ) while you work the other drain vigerously with the other plunger. This may help or it may do nothing.

you could also try a pressure baloon, you can buy them at any diy. store.

do you own this unit ? if not it would be the landlords responsibility to have the line snaked and accept all expenses involved.

Ive tried two plungers already... didn't work. Whats a pressure balloon?

I own this unit. If a 25 foot snake didn't work, where could the clog be, and whats a plumber going to do if he comes?

Also the plumbing bladder wont work, because I don't have a house hookup

Do you have a laundry washing machine in your unit? These usually have hose thread hookups that you could use for the plumbing bladder/flush bag.

a plumber lould bring a much longer snake and auger out the drain line. would be less than an hour to do .

Raditz said:
Hey guys,

So I live on the top floor of my 4 story apartment building, and last night, my sink clogged. I have a double sink with a Garb orator. When I turn on the water, both my sinks start filling at the same time. I took apart my pipes, and cleaned out the trap and tried that. No luck, then I went and bought a 25 foot snake, and tried that. It seemed to get some crud out, and felt like it was hitting something, so I worked it for a while, and my snake felt like it pushed on through, and kept going until I maxed it out with no blockages. So I figured that it was unclogged. I assembled the piping again and turned the water on and the both sinks filled with water again. There's no clean out in my apartment, and I followed the pipes under my cabinets and they go into the wall somewhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions? A plumber is the last thing I want to do since Ive just and a new baby girl and money is tight.

Thanks so much

Use a drill style snake and send it in reverse BC a lot of times you wind up going up the vent instead of down the drain

Latest posts

Back