replacing shower heads with low flows - will my tenants complain?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starfish11040

Reaction score
I'm considering replacing all the shower heads in my nine apartment building with low flow ones.
I'm concerned that the tenants will see a difference in the performance and won't like it. What are the differences, if any, that might bring complaints? For example I read that these shower heads are aerated, which lowers the water temperature. Is that true? I definite don't want the temperature lowered.

I know in Southern California, low flow shower heads are mandatory. As far as hot water, they simply have to add more hot water in the mixer valve.

I personelly don't like lo flow shower heads. They don't feel right. But to each his own.

I personelly don't like lo flow shower heads. They don't feel right. But to each his own.

I agree with you. I usually buy heavy duty 100% brass shower valves, which has a soft core, and drill them out. I might use alot of water, but it sure is worth it! When I see local cities stopping their mid-day watering of the street (due to being out of adjustment), I might curtail my water waste!

Use higher quality heads. I have a Water-Pik head with several pattern selections and it is also low flow. It will flat blow you out of the shower on full pressure.

Latest posts

Back