Painted the shutters on the house this weekend

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bury her poop in the hole and I guarantee she wont dig there again, it works for my dogs.

Seriously? I've got to dig the hole and clean up the crap anyway... I may just do that.

My original plan was to dig the trench, place the wire and staple to the fence, then put a thin layer of concrete in the of the trench and backfill with dirt...

Try the poop thing first, I have two labs that love to dig but rarely ever try anymore. Just toss a shovel full of poop and bury the rest in dirt and they don't like the scent so they won't dig in that area. This may save you the headache and cash of buying the wire and concrete.

Try the poop thing first, I have two labs that love to dig but rarely ever try anymore. Just toss a shovel full of poop and bury the rest in dirt and they don't like the scent so they won't dig in that area. This may save you the headache and cash of buying even more of the wire and concrete.

Fixed your last post...

I'll try it and see how it goes. I think I may have gotten most of the issue taken care of Monday by getting her spayed... She hasnt even approached her holes since she got home...

That could be only temperary I know if you cut my manhood off it would deter my wanting to live but only for a shot period then the rage would set in and I would be focused on digging as much as I could.:D

Actually I have my female Lab spayed because she was not a purebread but my male is not nuetered because I want to breed him but he pees on everything. My female is the digger and she slowed down after she was fixed but then it came back. Off topic but can you believe the city told me that people like me are the cause of all the strays out there because I refused to fix my puppy until I breed him.

We got her spayed cause we just dont want to hassle with giving/selling some mutt puppies and dont want anymore around the house either... She's a german shepard/huskie mix (at least that's what I"M saying), so pups would just be mutts...

Ok... Here's my progress from the weekend... WARNING... one pic DOES contain dog crap in it... hahahahaaaaa

Dug the trench
2010-03-06%2013.15.35.jpg

2010-03-06%2013.15.45.jpg

Stapled the wire in place
2010-03-06%2013.23.47.jpg

Added 1/2 bag Quikcrete to said trench
2010-03-06%2013.24.36.jpg

Wet concrete mix... then added poo
2010-03-06%2013.28.22.jpg

Backfill, compact... done...
2010-03-06%2013.31.33.jpg

Just curious...Is putting pooh on top of concrete and wire mesh really necessary? Wouldn't Fido just dig until it hit the concrete and have to stop? I trained police dogs professionally for about 10 years, and most of the reason for a digging dog is because of boredom. And yes, poop works, but so does chili powder and chili flakes. I do like recycling the excess pooh, and it is alot easier than chucking it over the fence!:D

Just curious...Is putting pooh on top of concrete and wire mesh really necessary? Wouldn't Fido just dig until it hit the concrete and have to stop? I trained police dogs professionally for about 10 years, and most of the reason for a digging dog is because of boredom. And yes, poop works, but so does chili powder and chili flakes. I do like recycling the excess pooh, and it is alot easier than chucking it over the fence!:D

Well it got rid of the poo didn't it?:eek: It's like having bars on your windows and a security system, twice the protection.

Well it got rid of the poo didn't it?:eek: It's like having bars on your windows and a security system, twice the protection.

Yeah but the poo in the trench wont kill your family in the event of a fire... :eek:

If nothing else, it DID get the crap outta the yard. And I think she is digging partly from boredom and partly cause there are 2 yippy dogs in the yard behind us... I talked to the family back there and they were cool with everything... I am gonna have to do 1 more section to finish off the connection to their yard, but didnt have time Saturday.

Latest posts

Back