Welcome Urologists!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Fell

We've met before...
Reaction score
Having recently been kicked off the specialty forums for radical views on the latex quality of 18fr catheters, and in the ensuing infighting, I'd like to welcome my friends aboard for a different kind of "plumbing."

Doctors......;)

After a long day of trying to correct fallen bladders and female incontinence, I need a place like this. Thank you for showing me the light Dr. Fell!

I've been here for a little while and after seeing this post I decided to sign up.
Do you prefer the latex over rubber?

I've been here for a little while and after seeing this post I decided to sign up.
Do you prefer the latex over rubber?

With the prevalence of this generation of latex allergy, I think well processed and preserved rubber is a natural choice, if you get my pun.:D

With the prevalence of this generation of latex allergy, I think well processed and preserved rubber is a natural choice, if you get my pun.:D

Humorous pun, indeed. I prefer the Nitrile...powdered, of course!

LOL. So how long have you gents been practicing?

Absolutely Nitrile, my friends. Non Allergenic and thicker to avoid nasty punctures. The only drawback is a slight loss of tactile accuity.

When palpating for tumors, you may have to switch to latex if the patient is non-sensitive.

Could someone address what THEY think to be the advantage of sonogram over intravenous pylegram? Call me old school but, for me, the IVP offers distinct advantage over sonogram in terms of locating ureter blockage and calcifications.

Urology? It's more of a hobby for me.

I want to be published, so one dabbles.;)

LOL. So how long have you gents been practicing?

Practicing? I'm too good for practice!

I've completed four prostate exams today. How many do you normally have in a day?

Could someone address what THEY think to be the advantage of sonogram over intravenous pylegram? Call me old school but, for me, the IVP offers distinct advantage over sonogram in terms of locating ureter blockage and calcifications.

"Hands on" (or in) is the way for me!

Hello, I'm new here. I joined because I was searching Urlogists to get an opinion.

I have run into trouble with my teeny urethera. Even the smallest catheters are extremely painful. I am 3'8" tall (I prefer 'little people') and it seems they don't make my size stuff. I have entertained getting an enlargement, but will that allow for a larger diameter urethera?

Call me a letcher, but it all depends on the patient. Sonogram is the only way to go for the 50+ female crowd. The sonogram is much more accurate on them :rolleyes:.

For the under 40's female patient, palpation if much preferred.

Ya'll may be the wrong kind of plumbers for this place.

If ya got no butt crack showing you don't belpong here.:eek::mad:

Amen. While the sono is nice in the non invasive sense, sometimes old school is the rule.

Anybody noticing a spike in colonized Methacyllin Resistant Staph?

I find that the advantages of the sonogram are particularly relevant in cases of Gross Right Hydronephrosis and Retroperitoneal Mass. Where the intravenous pylegram does excel is with the obstructed right kidney. Does anyone else concur?

Amen. While the sono is nice in the non invasive sense, sometimes old school is the rule.

Anybody noticing a spike in colonized Methacyllin Resistant Staph?

Absolutely! I have seen so much of it I can differentiate simply by smell. Nothing smells like a thriving MRSA colony. If you get close you can isolate the hot spots and treat them topically.

Latest posts

Back